Holden rodeos ?

finlight, Apr 11, 8:22am
hi I am looking at buying one of these . can anyone tell me if LX or LT models are better its a diesel 2006 i,m looking at . thanks any info most appreciated . I am looking at a diesel utes for sale !

mugenb20b, Apr 11, 8:35am
LX or LT, no idea what the difference is (trim level maybe, but hey, it's a ute, not some luxury cruiser), what matters is that they both have the same drivetrains. Good all round utes, no problems as such, noisy engines though. I would rather get a Ford Ranger or Mazda Bounty myself, they are nicer to drive, quieter, and have more power. The Rodeo seems to have a shorter power band in my opinion.

bashfulbro, Apr 11, 8:38am
LT is higher spec, Carpet instead of vinyl, electric windows, ,a few little extras, . We had a 2006 LT,when sold had done 600,000kms,a 2007 LT done 550,000kms, almost entirely trouble free. ( both manual, did light work, never towed trailers) both still drive nicely.Great utes, with regular servicing,oil,filters etc , will go forever.

poppajn, Apr 11, 8:41am
We ran them on high k daily run,s 1 doing 900k a day the other 1500 k a day, only problems were the odd front wheel bearing.

berg, Apr 11, 8:42am
Agree with bashfulbro. Great ute, I had a 2.8 Turbo DSL from new to 250,000kms and would buy another one if needed

finlight, Apr 11, 8:55am
ok great thanks so are they the same motor !

finlight, Apr 11, 9:02am
haha to me i want to make sure its all i want as will be keeping if for a good amount of years so want to be my luxury wagon. yes i have been told about the more power in those two. but can,t afford the rangers and don,t no much about the bountys! anyone know of any good car places or options to buy a good ute . or any good advice please

mugenb20b, Apr 11, 9:09am
They are exactly the same vehicles under the skin.

When buying a ute, I like to have the ones that have like a carry rack behind the cab, so you can carry long things over the roof at an angle, and they provide some protection for the rear window. Deck liner is a must if buying a wellside. Flat decks provide more load space with no wheel arches in the way, but they are higher off the ground so loading heavy objects can be more difficult.

bashfulbro, Apr 11, 10:49am
Yes, personally i think they were the best, we have owned 3 of them over a period of years,from 1997 to a 2001 all did around 500,000kms from new, with no issues at all, nice to drive, sorry i sold the last one.

mrblouse, Apr 12, 8:39am
had found the 3.0TD RA Rodeos ok to drive very noisy engine; gutless up hills especially when towing a load. Had problems with the engine check light coming on (ran in limp mode) due to egr valve which was a common problem for some from the 03-06'. Actually prefered the 2.5 diesel turbo bounty or courier over the RA Rodeo. If you got a few xtra bucks go the common rail Bt-50 or Ranger even if its the entry level.

finlight, Apr 13, 7:58am
ok thanks good to hear all these comments

xs1100, Apr 13, 8:33am
probably better to go for a older bounty/courier/hilux/navara seem to hold their value a lot better than a rodeo.have you also checked out a petrol option considering how expensive diesels are getting these days