Passat advice please

sarahjp22, Apr 11, 9:23pm
Listing #: 459956957, looking at buying this, is there anything in particular that I need to be aware of with this model! TIA

cranefixer, Apr 11, 9:39pm
Looks hot, just go for it

gram, Apr 11, 11:19pm
Nice car. Check the service records to see when or if the cambelt was changed.

andy61, Apr 12, 12:38am
Do they still use cambelts in 2006!

jason18, Apr 12, 1:27am
Jazz will be around soon he knows his stuff with euros.

gram, Apr 12, 1:41am
Yes they do and the change interval is a bit vague.some say 75000 miles.some say 80000. That would infer the belt on that VW is due to have the cambelt replaced pretty soon, as it's at about 60K miles. Anyway at 2006 it's over the recommended 5 year change period, which is why it may have been done.

ninja_man, Apr 12, 1:59am
yeah he wont be long, he's still writing up his essay

sifty, Apr 12, 2:21am
he's probably in shock as someone has started out by saying they want one. Means he doesn't have to use his standard spiel convincing them to go euro.

sarahjp22, Apr 12, 4:13am
Thanks, the cambelt,tensioners and waterpump have all just been done.

bellky, Apr 12, 4:27am
Nice colour combo, and leather, bit of wear on driver's seat but ok.
Try and crunch them a bit though being so close to 100k ;-)

zirconium, Apr 12, 4:59am
Doesn't Jazz usually say check where they are imported from! - Something about dodgy parts only being available in some countries. :)

trdbzr, Apr 12, 5:01am
See Jazz, OP is asking for opinions on a Passat. No one is jumping up and down screaming and trying to convince him to buy a Camry. You should learn a lot from this thread.

bellky, Apr 12, 5:03am
Good call there trdbzr. It makes a nice change.

intrade, Apr 12, 5:19am
one thing i would not like is Dsg gearbox if it has that.

gram, Apr 12, 5:44am
Good. That's something you don't have to worry about. I'd get Qualitat, Penrose to take a look over it if you wanted an opinion you can trust.

mantagsi, Apr 12, 7:16am
Interior looks a bit tacky but overall not a bad looking wagon. As per intrade, hopefully not a scary dsg