Audi experts - Help please

toshibanz, Mar 12, 4:31am
Might be a simple answer.

My dash coolant temp and level light has come on and gives me three beeps !

The engine temps all good, and the water level looks fine as well!

Any idea's why this might have suddenly started playing up !

Cheers
Greg

toshibanz, Mar 12, 4:32am
Sorry guys. Its a 1999 A4 2.4. Its had everything done in the front end, water pump, thermostat, belts, etc etc etc.

mugenb20b, Mar 12, 4:58am
Stuck coolant level switch maybe!

msigg, Mar 12, 5:29am
Sounds like it need resetting somewhere. disconnect batterythe connect again, may reset.
Jazz will have some idea. Wait help is on the way.

toshibanz, Mar 12, 8:05am
So does unhooking the battery sometimes reset !
Its got to be something real easy because of all the recent work thats been done on it.

msigg, Mar 12, 8:22am
If this work has been done recently you should call into the place that did the work and run it by them, explain the situation, to me it all ties in together.

woody1946, Mar 12, 8:26am
Time to quit that car, it must be frustrating to have the problems you have had with it

thejazzpianoma, Mar 12, 8:50am
Hi toshibanz,
Start with looking at the coolant level sensor and in particular its connector. Unplug the connector, spray some contact cleaner in it and do a good visual inspection. The coolant level sensor should be easy to find sticking out the side of the coolant bottle.

Look inside the bottle too, often these sensors have two long prongs which may have been damaged.

BTW, has the car been refilled with the correct VW coolant!

Also. does the light come on when you start it and stay on! Or does it come on under braking/cornering or some other repeatable condition!

Do you own a multimeter by any chance!

Pop back in for further advice once you have checked this out.

toshibanz, Mar 12, 8:36pm
Thanks Jazz. The mechanic took a look and it appears as if he dislodged the connector to the sensor on the bottom of the coolant tank.
So all's good and shes going like a dream again lol

thejazzpianoma, Mar 13, 1:21am
Sweet! I suspected as much.
Often you have to undo and move those bottles when doing a timing belt etc so no surprises there.

elect70, Mar 13, 1:41am
Check coolant levelis right up to the mark& no air in systemmyBMWdid itafternew coolant put in .

toshibanz, Apr 3, 9:24am
Cant believe it.The car seems to be running like a dream. Maybe I've fixed all the problems and shes all finished throwing me curly problems to fix lol

Now my attention is on the radio and rear speakers. Why on earth do they make it impossible to simply replace the rear speakers with aftermarket ones. Now replaced the head unit and rear speakers, now just need to sort out the wiring so I dont have the amp thing running through the wiring. I have just ordered a new plug off ebay which should fix it all :)

thejazzpianoma, Apr 3, 10:12am
Ahh the joys of older cars that have not been maintained as they should. There usually does come a point where you have "caught up" on whats been neglected by previous owners and then things are usually smooth running from there on in. Hopefully you have reached that point.