GPS system in Japanese imports [all in Japanese]

843, Apr 1, 6:57pm
can these little boxes on top of the dash be converted.you know to the english language!.
Any one know!

or do i have to replace!

martin11, Apr 1, 7:34pm
Replace is cheapermost only have japan maps in them and nz or aus are not available easily to fit the unit

kazbanz, Apr 1, 7:50pm
You have to replace it with a kiwi one

timmo1, Apr 1, 10:29pm
Slight off topic: The first in car GPS system was released over 20 years ago in the Toyota Soarer (1991).

morrisman1, Apr 2, 6:42am
Bull, the Fiat Multipla had it in 1956.

vtecintegra, Apr 2, 7:12am
More off topic: Honda tried with paper maps and gyroscopes back in the 80s

http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1981navigationsystem/index.html

Predictably it never took off

kazbanz, Apr 2, 7:15am
Totally off topic -road maps have been around for many many years and are stilleffective

mapman, Apr 2, 7:25am
Unless the misses is reading it.

gammelvind, Apr 2, 7:38am
I'm one of the lucky ones then, give my misses a map and we go straight to where we are going, navigated us around the UK no sweat. The funny thing she doesn't even drive her self, never has had a license.

shane.64, Apr 2, 7:45am
Pretty much anything video from Japan can't be played here .It will work in the USA .But China has the same PAL system as NZ. So get a cheap chinese one

msn1, Apr 2, 9:21am
Japan uses a totaly different systen to over here They use a system called Vics which wont work here, depending on the make and a knowlege of the japanese language some have english menus, some will give you the speed and position but no maps

thewomble1, Apr 2, 12:39pm
Wives came before GPS.and most GPS have a woman locked inside them telling you what to do.so no great change.