Holden finally racing in something that matters.

foxdonut, May 17, 1:34am

fordcrzy, May 17, 6:55am
so does that mean they will be able to pay back the billions in aidd given to holden/GM that ford didnt get!

foxdonut, May 17, 7:05am
lol, don't be stupid. The government here only bails out the losers. Ford hasn't needed anything here except for someone to step in and shoot some of the union reps.

The bulk of the government fleet (ie nearly all of it) runs on Ford, same as the taxi's. They may not be as good looking, but they work and thats what matters.

fordcrzy, May 17, 7:12am
what really p's me off is that for years GM/Holden sold thier cars at a loss so they could get market share from ford.they effectively "stole" sales from ford. Ford would have made far more sales and even may have won big contracts if there was a level playing field. So when GM/Holden finally go bankrupt, they bail them out and say "hey no worries. just keep on truckin".
Mean while ford has to keep going on thier own.
Imagine if your buisness opposition undercut you to such a degree that it hurt your sales and prevented you from growing, and then got bailed out to carry on! absolute BS!
GM should have to pay ford 10% of its sales to make up for it.

foxdonut, May 17, 7:14am
What the article only glances over is the GM G8, which has been over there since Series 1 Commodore and hasn't sold very well anyway against the superior Mustang.

tool_shop173, May 17, 7:25am
If I have ever heard of a cry baby story.then that one takes the cake!

foxdonut, May 17, 7:35am
Where's the story! its simply a fact.

Just a week ago Holden reported a "profit" of _exactly_ how much money they were loaned by the government a year ago.

You work it out. Its not a financially smart company and its only going to get worse. The real problem is the stupid labour government here at the moment who can't see that a handful of people in jobs building commodores are worth less than hundreds of millions of dollars in bail outs every couple of years.

patiki1, May 17, 7:42am
You talk more sh#t than John Key.

fordcrzy, May 17, 7:54am
so what part of that was shit! what part was incorrect!

fordcrzy, May 17, 7:59am
GM also sold the solstice/Sky at ahuge loss to try and shut down sales of the MX5 in the states. you could buy a Turbocharged power top solstice/sky for less than a manual top MX5. absolute BS!

patiki1, May 17, 8:10am
Ford also got money from the Federal and Victorian government but you didnt mention that.

dave653, May 17, 11:12pm
V8 Supercars are racing at a new circuit in Texas soon. Should give the yanks something else to look at/want to buy!

3tomany, May 18, 9:32am
They got f all ford got 50 million to build focus in aussie and holden got 200 million to build daewoos in aussie, holden got 200 million to stay out of gm bankruptcy ford got nothing, holden just got 150 mill for promising to build cars for 4 more years ford got nothing. p:s ford ended up telling the aussie gov were to stick focus production after all that. go ford i say

hi-ling, May 22, 12:09am
Wednesday, 11 January 2012,
"During the opening day of the Detroit motor show yesterday,AustralianMinister for Manufacturing Kim Carr announced a $103 million cash injection for Ford in order to secure the company??

bill-robinson, May 22, 8:56pm
Do you think the Aussies can fit a plastic semi copy of the Holden body onto a COT chassis that nascar use! Will they get the sticker that passes as a badge in the right place!

guider1, May 23, 12:45am
Bahahahahahaha. short term memory loss due to driving overated piles of shite!

floscey, May 23, 1:31am
Dont get confused with the $50 billion the US gave to G. M

sorry edit $49.5 billion

yachtie3, May 24, 12:21am
Oh ok, and what do you drive then!

3tomany, May 24, 6:26am
um compared to the 650 million holden got yea i would say ford got nothing. sorry for late reply been on holiday

skippy33, May 25, 7:55pm
,haha,cry me a river,typical ford attitude,build a bridge.

skippy33, May 25, 7:57pm
all of it,and everything.

icemans1, May 26, 8:54am
sounds like jealousy to me