Class 10 Registration?!

j_fung9007, Apr 14, 3:44am
A couple of friends told me there is a special registration called "class 10 -project, farm or competition vehicle"!!You don't have to pay ACC levy or some other costs, which makes this registration very cheap per year. The down side is you can only use your vehicle within 30km of your home and can't park in the public area like in a meter park. Can someone confirm this! Thanks

chels0717, Apr 14, 3:49am
Yeah theres farm bike rego etc Yah get a B on ya rego , dont know about the 30 km bit, but if cops catch you on your ct90 farm bike with farm bike rego in the middle of the city they will fine you.

j_fung9007, Apr 14, 3:58am
Can I register a normal motorbike as a farm bike rego!

ralphdog1, Apr 14, 3:59am
Do you have a farm!

chels0717, Apr 14, 4:01am
Apartment 2G kinda stands out ! :)

tokyo_rose, Apr 14, 4:05am
You are only allowed a 22km round trip between your farms & if vehicle is capable of more than 40kph it has to have a wof / cof etc.
Diesels dont pay road tax / ruc either.
The ltsa are on to it as well & you have to have a rural / semi rural address for them to allow it to be swopped over to eb class.
As someone above said dont get caught outside of farm use with the vehicle or the cops will screw you over big time!

neo_psy, Apr 14, 4:25am
My understanding (and it's second hand Chinese whispers, so I can't say for sure) - is that it's something they are clamping down on, like people registering their cars as hearses and whatnot.

j_fung9007, Apr 14, 4:40am
no I don't have a farm or live in rural. I was thinking of register a motorbike (if I do get one) and put it in class 10 or B!!.sounds like I don't think I can do it now then.