Hmm, not good for Ford if it gets out.

attitudedesignz, May 19, 5:22am
So, i was going in to New Plymouth 'bout an hour ago & i passed an old boy standing in front of a territory with it's bonnet up. I thought to myself 'if he's still there on the way back i'll stop & make sure he's ok.
Yep, he was still there so i stopped, (i was the only one to stop at all in the hour he was sitting there, which p1ssed me off)
When i got out of my car i smelt a strong smell of diesel so looked around as i walked towards the car and saw a BIG trail of the suff up to where the old boy had stopped.

I went up to his door but i think he was a bit hesitant to open it as i'm 6'2" 120kg with long hair & a beard, but he did and i said "Ya ok young fella!" No was the answer.
Turned out it's a BRAND NEW Territory with 600km on it & the injector pump had spat all the hoses off and pumped diesel everywhere.

Now the old boy rang the manager of the Ford dealership where he bought it from (his card was in glovebox) and the manager said "Oh sh1t, not another one"

That little statement is a bit worrying.

The old boy (Doug was his name) is sorted now as roadside assist turned up.

How many more are there out there that will do the same thing! Has anyone else had any issues (similar) with Fords new diesels!

I'd expect better from a $60,000 top of the range Titanium Territory.

hounddog2, May 19, 5:29am

unbeatabull, May 19, 5:32am
That recall above is a seperate issue, the line under the car where the fuel filters use to be on previous model Territories - from the post above I'm assuming the actual lines on the pump have came off - Neither CHCH dealer has seen that as yet.

However, I'd still stay away from a Diesel Territory. The Petrols are so much nicer to drive . I'd even prefer a SY over the new SZ personally

shuddupowh, May 19, 6:08am
How would this ruin Fords name! Toyota had thousands of recalls due to "life threathening problems" yet people still trust them. If you've built a strong name then people can still trust you at times like this.

attitudedesignz, May 19, 6:13am
Where did i say it would!

foxdonut, May 19, 6:52am
Unlike, say, Mitsubishi. Ford will at least acknowledge an issue and organise for a recall if its needed.

mugenb20b, May 19, 7:06am
Really!

stevo2, May 19, 7:52am
Yep, back in 97 I bought a NEW Explorer. Owned it for 5 years and have 4 or 5 recalls in that time.

andrew241, May 19, 8:21am
I know for a fact that I will never buy a new land cruiser again and I have owned a few.

serf407, May 19, 8:23am
Was there enough diesel on the road to phone the Fire Brig ! Doesn't take much to give the m/cs a skate.

Did the Ford engineers give the diesel Territory pre-productions too much tlc during field testing !
http://youtu.be/rr13OMqx7dE(Territory) http://www.themotorreport.com.au/51510/2011-ford-territorys-tdci-duratorq-diesel-heart-revealed-petrol-six-updated
Were there any 'from NZ' engineers working on the oil burner Territory !

If NZ had kept building and developing Trekkas what would they be like today ! Touareg powered with DSG, carbon fibre shell on an spaceframe chassis !

brokebloke1, May 19, 10:29pm
we had a recall letter from Blackwells Holden 2 weeks into owning a new VE SS commodore ( seat belt failure on drivers seat ) recalls are common as they said." better to be safe than sorry" was the salesmans respone when we dropped car back.

bigfatmat1, May 20, 12:20am
well now its on a public forum to help get word out!

paull, May 20, 12:36am
i reckon ya better off having a shave,hair cut and maybe head to the nearest gym ,the old bugger probaly thought " O CRAP WHAT DOES THIS LONG HAIRED RAGGAMUFFIN WANT,QUICK MA LOCK THE DOORS.hahaha

attitudedesignz, May 20, 12:40am
LMAO, that's probably exactly what the old boy thought. I'm just a big teddy bear tho'.-
.-
.-
.-
until it's time not to be haha

hfc2, Jun 1, 8:20am
Ws at localdiesel injectors shop today he showed me 1.2 kg of built carbon in a mitsi common rail diesel with only 50000ks on clock.

mugenb20b, Jun 1, 8:31am
And the reason for this was.!

elect70, Jun 2, 2:45am
I remember a newvaliant rangerwith new 265donkcame intodealers wkshop .bought it on fridaydrove up to Taupo & engine putleg out of bed, they covered it with a tarp from prying eyes , & owner gotanother new1 .