Oleo-Mac Chainsaws any good, just need a small

rjgmjs, May 27, 9:56am
saw for pruning trees. My preference is for another Stihl, but willing to look at other options. Cheers RJ

morrisman1, May 27, 10:05am
could get a husqvarna 236 for $399 at the moment. Good pruning/firewood saw. Fine for the odd tree too as long as its not too big.

intrade, May 27, 10:48am
if you can service a chainsaw your self like tuning the carburettor with no manual then you can buy a jasonsky chainsaw from here they are good for what you pay i use one since a few years and it starts easy and the seller can supply parts and other parts from different chainsaws also fit like i had to replace the fuelbreather as it was broken from new. seller was to busy to send part so i purchased it from local chainsaw shop for 18$ and told the seller . He refunded me the 18$ i paid for the part without big problems. I did send him the picture of the bustedpart however and a copy of the recipt for new part. No further problem since with that chainsaw just these 2 fuelbreather and carburettor adjustment. instructions to adjust dont match the job its why i posted above with no manual. otherwise buy from local dealer if you got no clues. I would probably not buy from bunnings mitre10 etc lawnmower chainsaw places is where to go if you cant do diy.

peacebird15, May 27, 11:45am
So intrade your recommending a saw that was broken when you got it, you had to repair yourself and the seller couldnt send you even the most basic part for it! You dont happen to be into alfa romeos are you!

Echo/Shindawa make good small saws for the money. Or look at getting a high quality hand saw, alot can be done with them.

intrade, May 27, 11:54am
you dont seem to understand
If you buy a cheap saw you got to be able to fix it your self or you should not do it.
and the seller from this saw paid for the part that i did buy elswhere. I think that is fair enough most others would refuse to pay for a part that was not from the chainsaw, i also mentioned this so people know that you can mix and match parts from other saws on to this model when you are in to diy, and if your not in to diy then you buy only brands that are world widefrom geniuan local dealer. thats what i did try to tell above.

digger148, May 27, 7:28pm
Oleo-Mac are good wee saws. A mate of mine uses mostly that brand in his contracting gang.
I have a couple of $399 zenoh brand saws that have handled a few years of commercial work.

I worked for a company doing powerline clearance and our main pruning saw was an 010 stihl. Good saws but a hell of a premium you pay for the name.

jason18, May 27, 8:07pm
Mate.I got a small Solo Chainsaw for 99 bucks at a pawn broker. They usually get heaps in. Goes really well! And perfect for pruning trees. Very small bar. Dad is using it for pruning avocado trees.

serf407, May 27, 8:36pm
#1 you do not say what type of trees you are pruning. Are you form pruning hardwoods or removing branches fromP rad etc.
Many ofthe carbys are made in China these days so there is little to pick between the saws.
If you use is frequent , use a name brand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=-C9xv36L-lM
Is your stihl a model that can be overhauled !

bellky, May 27, 9:08pm
Get one of those one-handed Stihls - an MS 192T or similar.

msigg, May 27, 10:08pm
stil or husky is the way to go, $400 is nothing nowdays.

stevo2, May 27, 10:32pm
Oleo-mac are fine. I've had my Stihl 010 or 011! for 25 - 30years and it just had to go in for a big service. $170 later and it runs like new again.

richard112, May 27, 10:50pm
Stihl very good. Echo maybe just as good but cost less.

rovercitroen, May 28, 5:26am
Been very happy with my Oleo-Mac chainsaw. Only a littly but it has cut lots of firewood for several yearswith no problems.

countrypete, May 28, 5:30am
I have an Oleo-Mac - I bought it because it's what the local hire centre use.It has an 18" bar and has been very reliable and gutsy for its size.

carclan, May 28, 6:46am
Most of them including Sthil are made in China now appart from Solo

rjgmjs, Jun 2, 4:02am
Thanks for your input, shouted myself a brand new Stihl MS 170 pruning saw ($395.00). Awesome little beast, light az too. Cheers

jasoo, Jun 3, 7:15am
Good choice, far beter than the smallest husky

chris.f, Jun 3, 8:06am
What's the problem with the Husky 236! I was thinking of getting one rather than a Stihl, mainly because the husky dealer is very good and well respected not so with the Stihl dealer .

msigg, Jun 3, 8:11am
There's a still husky rivalery, just like holden and ford, go with anyone they are thebest. Had my husky for 15years, only used for small amounts of fire wood and a little demolition work occasionally, it keeps on going.