Car insurance claim declined

Page 1 / 3
maddy78, May 25, 12:25am
because i was on learner's permit and driving without a supervisor at the time of accident

yogibearz, May 25, 12:26am
any way they can get out of paying and they will decline it.

pete_iam, May 25, 12:27am
you broke a rule so they have your nuts on the chopping block

floscey, May 25, 12:28am
that be whats written in your contract .

bitsy_boffin, May 25, 12:35am
"learner's permit" - are we talking about an accident in New Zealand, or somewhere else, here we would normally say a Learner's Licence.

Assuming NZ then you need to define the nature of the accident.If you ran into somebody, ok the insurers are fair enough to refuse a payout.

However if somebody ran into you then the Insurance Law Reform Act 1977, Section 11, may very well apply.

hutchk, May 25, 12:41am
That'll be a lesson for you then.

maddy78, May 25, 12:42am
yeah was on learner's license, ithappened in nz and I had accidentally hit a parked car

tonyrockyhorror, May 25, 12:42am
This is the only person so far to listen to. More information is needed from the OP though. In addition to "If you ran into somebody, ok the insurers are fair enough to refuse a payout." you may also be covered if you can demonstrate that the accident would likely have occured in the event you were supervised, that is to say that, the lack of a supervising driver was not material.

In the event you believe this to be the case and the insurer is still avoiding the policy, you can lodge a claim with the Insurance Ombudsman.
http://www.iombudsman.org.nz Here is an actual case of this scenario where the complaint was upheld: http://casestudies.co.nz/pdfs_case-studies/motorvehiclepl/110181_2003.pdf

There will be plenty of clowns coming in saying "you broke a rule, no insurance" but they don't actually know what they're talking about.

maddy78, May 25, 12:42am
well learnt 12 k car newly bought also gone down the drain

_frodo_, May 25, 12:53am
Yours, or the innocent buggar you hit!

mugenb20b, May 25, 12:53am
OT, but why didn't you get a restricted licence first!

maddy78, May 25, 12:56am
no mine his car was old paid him 2500 lucky didn't hit a mercedes

maddy78, May 25, 12:58am
was goingfor it soon and shit happened

mugenb20b, May 25, 1:16am
It sure did. Is the car repairable!

kazbanz, May 25, 1:20am
And you want sympathy !

bellky, May 25, 1:21am
Now the facts are seemingly clear, your statement:

"car insurance claim declined because i was on learner's permit and driving without a supervisor at the time of accident"

Seems right.

maddy78, May 25, 1:24am
the air bags came out so must b a writeoff only damage to the front body

sifty, May 25, 1:36am
Let me look here.

Nup, none to be found

fordkiwi27, May 25, 1:42am
what sort of car

maddy78, May 25, 1:47am
2003 toyota allion

maddy78, May 25, 1:53am
sympathy won't get my car back please don't mock anyone's misery you can never know what's around the corner for u unless you have a had had such a perfect life without ups and downs

bellky, May 25, 2:00am
I can guarantee 'accidently hitting a parked car' is not around the corner for me.

maddy78, May 25, 2:07am
something else might be lol

familiadude, May 25, 3:10am
sorry but a 12k car and driving unsupervised on your learners! wish I had that much cash to throw around when I was on my learners

foxdonut, May 25, 3:25am
Why post this thread!

Every time a worthless thread gets posted on the Internet its just more coal that has to be dug out of the ground and burned to keep the electricity flowing and the site running.

Posting this thread has _literally_ harmed the planet.