Holden Avalanche or adventra

rcomms, May 25, 12:04am
Looking at either the HSV avalanche or the adventra v6 or v8 for work. I do majority long distance driving, mixing a little dirt road and off road travel. What is the true fuel consumption like, heard so many mixed views online. The vehicle meets the size I need but if it sucks down gas like coca cola may not be wise. Thoughts

kellrae, May 25, 1:12am
I had a v8 Adventra for a couple of years. loved it but it did drink gas around town. on a trip driving normally I could average between 13 and 14 litres per hundred around town probably 18 -20sometimes worse if the traffic was bad. i would expect the same from an Avalanche. cant answer about a v6 but if I bought one again it would be the v6 for hopefully better economy

rcomms, May 25, 1:24am
Ok, I would take it that open road driving had improved economy! Yeah looking at the v6, as long as it still has plenty of grunt

gman35, May 25, 2:13am
According to many reviews , I would at least compare to a (6sp auto ideally) Ford Territory. Still a large vehicle , but most reviews say it drove much better than the Adventra that Holden made up to try and compete with it. Less "issues" also re : reliability they say (although I don't rate any Aussie-built vehicle that great in first place , too hit-and-miss). I have driven 1 'Terry and found it very nice both in town and open road. Probably much more practicle also as is a purpose-built clean sheet design (not a Falcon wagon jacked up) , should be better as a 4wd if ever things do get mucky , and can get a 7-seater if have children especially or if ever need that capacity.

kellrae, May 25, 3:05am
yep open road does improve economy. But if you treat the loud pedal with disrespect it will eat petrol. what i liked abour the open road is that you could drive it easily with out needing to push it on the hills. she criused along at just over the 100k everywhere with out effort. I dont know about the sixes though but i havent heard anything bad about them either.

poppajn, May 25, 5:00am
Have,nt had anything to do with the Adventra, butthe Crewman,s and Avalance here love rear diff,s, just loove them.

msigg, May 25, 5:59am
Yes rear diffs and they do drink gas, you must expect the gas bit but holden did not d any good with them.

bobwyn, May 25, 7:46am
I have an Avalanche wagon and i like it , google holden avalanche and check them out,when i was looking I drove the adventa 6 and v8 but when I tryed the avalanche that was me .around town i get around 350 to 400ks a tank but much better on a trip.towing the caravan and the wife towing the boat to Oamaru with her 2.7 vitara I use $10 more than her.

rcomms, May 25, 8:12am
Avalanche has nice comforts as well. How did you find the v6 from a get up and go point of view, obviously not the same as a V8

gman35, May 26, 2:08am
So out of interest from my post , have you / will you try a Ford Territory ! .(Just hoping the "red badge glasses on" thing isn't happening).

rcomms, May 26, 7:00am
No, it isn't long enough for my work requirements, that is the problem plus too high to put the long item I carry on the roof rack due to the weight.

haydennaomi, May 26, 7:04am
YUCK

rcomms, May 26, 7:30am
Yuck! I.e. the vehicle

bobwyn, May 26, 8:44am
the v6 still had plenty enuff cruiseing power but the handling and the ride in the avalanche away better and I just love takeing it to the west coast it realy hangs on going around the bends etc