Anyone seen or know these road signs?

opos, May 24, 3:01am
i think it's a new prduct from aussie they inject it into the gravel roads to help prevent dust

callum.irvine, May 24, 3:03am
Oh so the road in the photo is actually not sealed in the normal way! It looked and felt like a normal sealed road from the seat.

opos, May 24, 3:04am
hard to tell from pic

callum.irvine, May 24, 3:07am
Thanks, will have a better look next time. Seems a pretty good product then if it is actually an unsealed road with some sort of treatment.

pcguitarist, May 24, 4:56am
Yeah they inject the gravel with a sort of black sticky substance which kind of bonds all the gravel together. Pretty trippy if you ask me.

haydennaomi, May 24, 7:17am
ha ha kinda like a thing ive seen a_s_h_f_e_l_t thats the scientific term

zephyrheaven, May 24, 7:19am
Need those on the East Side of Chch lol - air filter zone

lordv81, May 24, 8:44am
The company I used to work for did a trial with one of the councils,where the gravel is swept to the side of the road {gravel road} then when its swept its sealed over with bitumen and chip .This road in the pic could be like one we did!Saves the council alot of money.One of the roads was just as you come into Thames up a side road beside a river.The locals hated the dust from the gravel road.

solarboy, May 24, 1:51pm
They use a-s-p-h-a-l-t around here.

NZTools, May 24, 6:58pm
It is just a very very cheap chipseal job.As a poster above said, the gravel is swept off, tar is sprayed down, the the gravel spread on top again.