Fuel pump issue perhaps?

amie10, May 20, 5:15am
Hi there, I have a 1996 gtb that is misbehaving some what. The car starts up fine but under acceleration it doesn't seem to be getting up and going and feels like it wants to stall (almost the same as an airflow meter issue). the car hasn't been fired up in about 4 months, took it for a warrant yesterday and went fine (flew through) but today making quite a loud whirring noise from where the gas tank is which can't be a good sign. No warning lights on the dash. Should I start with the fuel pump and go from there or are there and easy checks I can do before I start handing over the wads of cash that I am sure will cost to fix this issue.
Cheers.
Paul

clark20, May 20, 5:34am
Start by putting fresh fuel in

amie10, May 20, 5:45am
I had less than 1/4 of a tank in yesterday so put $50 in today. Still had problems.

hijacka, May 20, 10:23am
Buy a walbro GSS341 (255lph) fuel pump with fitting kit for around $150. Only basic mechanical skill are needed to replace. They can be noisy but are good quality for the price and will outlast a factory pump that you would pay moon beams for. Another option is the 400lph walbro. i'm currently running this pump and so far so good.I can get them for around $250 no noise like the gss341 but its not metal geared like it either.

thejazzpianoma, May 20, 10:25am
I would start with a new fuel filter and a fuel pressure test if it were me.
Why spend the $$$ if you don't need to.