Ex-rental car - change CoF to WoF?

rovercitroen, Jun 2, 8:14am
Is there much involved in changing an ex-rental car from a CoF to a WoF when the CoF expires! What does it cost! I have seached LTNZ website but not found an answer. Thanks.

msigg, Jun 2, 8:23am
No, my brother had a car that had a cof and he did nothing, got a warrant of fitness when expired and carried on, possibly when you reregister it you could change then .

franc123, Jun 2, 8:25am
It costs nothing, all you have to do is put it through a WOF, and when it passes whoever enters the inspection into WOFonline will be alerted to the fact its subject to COF and asked to change the inspection category if that no longer applies. The only thing you need to worry about is changing the license category back to a private use, you will get charged extra fees if you don't. It will currently have an L in the bottom rh corner of the license label, it will change to G when its swapped back.

franc123, Jun 2, 8:25am
x1
It costs nothing, all you have to do is put it through a WOF, and when it passes whoever enters the inspection into WOFonline will be asked to change the inspection category. The only thing you need to worry about is changing the license category back to a private use, you will get charged extra fees if you don't.

rovercitroen, Jun 2, 8:50am
Thanks people.

murph2068594, Jun 2, 11:09am
Been there, done that.
Like you couldn't find anything on the LTNZ website.

I went to VTNZ and had to re-licence my car from COF (Rental Car) at $345.51 for 12 months to a WOF (Private Passenger) at $287.75 for 12 months.

It costs you more with a Certificate of Fitness compared to a Warrant of Fitness.anyone here know why!

mrfxit, Jun 2, 9:43pm
There are a few more items to check plus all items must effectivelybe of a near new or new condition.
Load certificates
Max number of passengers cert
etc
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/virm-in-service-certification/virm-in-service-certification.html.

Has anybody got a separated list of extras for a Cof over that of a wof.

Little things like 1 that springs to attention is the drivers seat MUST be in good condition (no rips /working correctly/ no loose slides/ frames etc ).