Rental vans start to flood the market

intrade, Jul 8, 9:23am
however still at dreamers prices . LOL
hint words manheim turner.

rbd, Jul 8, 7:16pm
We just priced a campervan up for the xmas-NY holidays. Were looking at a large 4/6 berth one for three weeks. I was floored at the cost, was looking at $320/day plus fuel and road user charges. By the time you add camp fees you would be looking at around $400 per day. Stuff that, we are looking at doing hotels instead! Much cheaper.

Maybe it was time for some of these tourist businesses to get an awakening.

familiadude1, Jul 8, 7:57pm
That's exactly why I always talk the wife out of doing it. The cost is rediculous

jambee1, Jul 8, 9:47pm
we are looking at actually purchasing one. Tui here in christchurch are selling a few. but the prices are a bit steep

franc123, Jul 8, 10:57pm
Wouldnt waste my time, your money has always gone much further in the caravan market than campers. Especially so if you already have some sort of a tow vehicle.

kam04, Jul 12, 8:16pm
We have one. Have had it now coming up 3 years. Haven't regretted buying it at all. Looking forward to spring/summer/autumn so we can get out there again. We also go away in winter but not as often. Meet a lot of interesting people in a lot of interesting places. Yep, you can stay in a lot motels/hotels for the price of a motorhome but we like the independance and choosing to go where ever, when ever and how often we like without having to book. Has plusses and minuses like motels