97 subaru forester

lorollaz.inc, Jul 5, 1:21am
does anyone know the colour of the power antenna wire,have purchased a forester with an aftermarket stereo which has weak radio reception,have tried researching it and it seems that the on glass aerial booster needs to be powered,am not able to figure out which of the few wires left is the correct wire or if the correct wire is there.

andrea_w, Aug 31, 6:55am
Grab a test light (it must be a test light with a bulb, the LED sort won't work for this).
Pull the stereo out but don't disconnect it. turn the radio on and select a fuzzy station.
Put the alligator clip on Permanent power and touch the pointy end of the test light on each of the spare wires. One of them will improve reception when touched, this is the wire you need to connect to Blue (Remote).
You will probably have the Illumination wire kicking around there too, put the alligator clip on earth, turn the lights on and test for power. once you find it, insulate it if it isn't already.

I know a lot of factory wiring colours but I never assume I have the right wire based on its colour, ALWAYS test it.

Hope that helps