Mitsi Grandis

lusty9, Jun 11, 11:29am
I have a 2006 mitsi grandis, we recently went to Rotorua from Hastings, on our trip there we used a half a tank of gas yet on our way back to Napier used a little over a quarter of a tank and my husband was going a lot faster too and we had 2 extra passengers.

jmma, Jun 11, 11:35am
Yeah, well it was uphill there and downhill coming home (o:

lusty9, Jun 11, 11:37am
was it! I'm sure we climbed 3 or 4 big inclines coming home! the devils elbow being the steepest or maybe its on the wairoa road!

franc123, Jun 11, 12:02pm
lmao you do realise that napier/hastings is at sea level or closeto, and taupo is sorta kinda a fair bit higher up!

andy61, Jun 11, 8:52pm
Are you going by actual fuel consumption or by fuel gauge! Dont judge fuel use by fuel guage.

msigg, Jun 12, 5:43am
Yea too many different factors, wind,time of day(damp conditions better for combustion)traffic,fuel gauge drops after a certain point,tyre pressures,overtaking/not,weigh-
t of persons,etc. Best not to worry about it.

zak410, Jun 12, 5:53am
Did YOU drive on the way there !.just askin.

lusty9, Jun 15, 2:14am
we drove during the night in cooler conditions in the rain, we came home in the day about 1pm with two extra passengers and their luggage and my husband was doing around 100-120 whereas on the way we'd be hitting 100 if that. but yes we saved on fuel coming back.

elect70, Jun 15, 2:25am
Use less gas going northits the magnetic attraction of thenorth pole

andy61, Jun 15, 3:05am
Did you measure the amount of fuel getting there and measure the amount of fuel going home! You cant go by the needle on the fuel gauge.

kazbanz, Jun 15, 3:44am
Lusty--on what basis are you making the comment!
I'm not being a smartalec here but if you are working on the fuel gauge info then it may be just that simple.-IE that the gauge is lying.

lusty9, Jun 15, 8:19pm
My gauge is electronic & tacho. I trust them completely, when it beeps indicating it needs more fuel I put more fuel in, when it reads out saying the amount of fuel it used for the journey on trip 2 opposed to the fuel used in on trip 1 I believe it because the Japs invented it to do that. Np I did not put a measuring tape down the gas tank to calculate the fuel nor have I given the gauge a polygraph test to see who is lying. hahaha omg some people and their theories!

ralphdog1, Jun 15, 9:16pm
OK then, lets get factual.
Define in litres the two values you used above
Half a tank of gas
a little over a quarter of a tank

therafter1, Jun 15, 9:25pm
Nothing to do with theories and everything to do with common sense. You cannot measure fuel use accurately using your fuel gauge as a measuring method as you have already been told in the thread as there are to many variables . Your fuel gauge is simply an indication of the quantity of fuel in the vehicles fuel tank !

lusty9, Jun 27, 12:54am
omg get a life.it used more coming back than going there full stop. And with two extra passengers

mugenb20b, Jun 27, 6:34am
*Facepam*

matarautrader, Jun 27, 6:39am
Perhaps it was blue on the trip over, and they painted it red for the return trup. Everyone knows that red cars are faster and more economical

thejazzpianoma, Jun 27, 6:59am
LMAO. mind you, should have expected that given what the poster is driving.

lusty9, Jun 29, 10:02am
omg another get a life(r) I drive 3 cars, Our family mover mitsi, my holden crewman v8 and recently purchased 2012 clubsport & you! now going by the advice I don't trust any of the fuel gauges or trip computers on all 3, I stick a measuring tape down their HOLES and take their temperatures by sticking the thermometer in the radiator gobs.omg

lusty9, Jun 29, 12:38pm
thank you for pointing out that typo error.horay I was waiting for a bright spark to pick that up.omg and it's asking me a question! with a smiley face.stalker but the Clubsport's okay as per the motoring page.and the mitsi but I wouldn't trust the fuel gauges they lie apparently hahaha