How long to drive to lake tekapo from.

richynuts, Jul 14, 6:31am
2 hours

gingercrush, Jul 14, 6:41am
I would say its more 2 and a half hours rather than 2 hours.

ryanm2, Jul 14, 6:47am
you cant do it in2 hours. More like 2 and a half and thats on a good run. Get caught behind a camper between Geraldine and Fairlie and its a slow ride. PS - i used to do this trip weekly and still commute 4/5 times a year.

poppajn, Jul 14, 7:13am
2 hrs!Dam pleased I,m not in your car

alimac1, Jul 14, 7:25am
Depends on which road you take. Main roads 2.5 hours. Orari Geraldine Rd or Thompson's Track more like 2.

ryanm2, Jul 14, 8:16am
Thompsons Track to the one lane bridge entering Geraldine is 4km longer than turning off at Rangitata (from Rakaia). Only advantage is that you dont go through ashburton, however, setting at 120km on Thompsons makes you an easy target for the fuzz. Been there (thank goodness for radar detectors).
You cannot do it in 2, impossible.
We have property just before Tekapo and if we get there in 2 hours 20 thats a good run. The best run was in my old Radisich Telstar, man they were/are great cars.

bitsy_boffin, Jul 14, 9:23am
Jeez, this time of year, 2 hours. I don't think that'd be very safe at all (who cares about legal, you won't be that for sure).It gets cold and icy in them thar hills.

ralphdog1, Jul 14, 10:28am
You have not got a show of doing it in 2 hours without significantly breaking the speed limit.
I have and I did many years ago, got the fright of my life to be passed on Thompsons Track by a Mt Cook Freightlines Mack Truck & trailer with two JD 4WD tractors on board at about 5am.and I thought I was speeding

johnf_456, Sep 11, 6:50pm
2 hours I doubt it with out speeding, the book will get chucked at you eventually.