Do most people own their nice new cars and utes?

Page 1 / 2
cookiepnga, Jun 13, 5:35am
Or they paying them off on finance! Just interested. Thanks

trogedon, Jun 13, 5:39am
I've never paid a vehicle off in my life. I've always paid $ in the hand.

outbidyou2, Jun 13, 5:40am
Bank owns them, just lets others drive it

wild-at-heart, Jun 13, 5:41am
mortgage the house for it

mugenb20b, Jun 13, 5:41am
A lot of them will be company vehicles, tax deductable in some way or another (talking utes and vans here).

trogedon, Jun 13, 5:45am
I was talking with a guy the other weekend with a new looking SS Commodore ute. I asked him what he did. He said chippy. I said your ute looks good compared to what you do. He said he??

socram, Jun 13, 5:46am
Varies according to circumstances in our case.Once the mortgage was paid off and kids left home, easier to buy outright than it was a few years ago.

shane.64, Jun 13, 5:46am
Its hard to sell a car Privately for cash these days as people like to tick them up

bmwnz, Jun 13, 6:12am
Count me in as a 'pay cash' customer these days. Way over paying interest for HP.

rob_man, Jun 13, 6:34am
Anything is preferable to using vehicle finance, if you must seek assistance to buy a vehicle go and see your bank first.

richynuts, Jun 13, 7:53am
Not sure about cars but mate works in a bike shop and says about 90% of customers use HP

wellystretch, Jun 13, 8:00am
Same thing I've noticed, a lot of guys my age (late 20's) driving $50k + cars, meh, if you've got the cash then why not.

cookiepnga, Jun 13, 8:12am
That's what I was getting at! How long does it take to save 50 gees! Even if your making good coin!

pebbles61, Jun 13, 8:18am
Never had a loan for a car or bike, always bought them out right.

nz2293, Jun 13, 8:23am
lease.

tgray, Jun 13, 8:34am
I would rather drive a piece of crap than a nice car that's financed.

supernova2, Jun 13, 8:40am
Take my nephew as an example.DINKS early 20's get $140K in the hand between them.Own nothing of any significance.Her 2011 falcon on HP.His an oldish Terrano on HP two.But they are never home and fly (literally) all round the country just about every weekend.So it looks like in some cases these young guys do have the cash to buy a $50K vehicle, in other cases they just waste every cent they earn.

berg, Jun 13, 9:05am
Own all of ours. I always buy low kms, one owner or ex demo. That way the initional depressasion has been soaked up by somebody else. Always pay cash and yep, being DINKs really has its advantages

modie61, Jun 13, 9:13am
Own all 5 of ours,hate hp.

mugenb20b, Jun 13, 9:23am
Depends on how much you are making, saving and spending. Could be 3 months or never.

johnf_456, Jun 13, 9:28am
All of our cars are bought out right, no finance what so ever. Good money management is the key.

franc123, Jun 13, 9:30am
Theres no doubt you can blow some serious bucks buying new or even very late model used cars and trading them back in every couple of years for newer ones, even more so if you are constantly borrowing to buy the damn things.Some of these Euro makes like Alfa, Citroen etc especially just depreciate like boulders chucked into a pond, the one exception seems to be these late model Mini's and to a lesser extent the modern VW Beetles, they get to a point and the value loss drops off, you see some cheeky asking prices from both private and dealers alike considering the early ones are knocking on 10-12 years old now and are in the 1-200 thousand K bracket. My 2c worth.

bigfatmat1, Jun 13, 9:31am
if you are making good coin 50g could be your bonus twice a year. sorry quoted wrong person

compchick, Jun 13, 3:02pm
Both vehicles are owned, always had the cash never financed.

casper35, Jun 13, 6:58pm
When i bought my 2005 xr6 car salesman was very pissed i wasnt putting it on HP he had the hp forms all filled out when we picked it up the next day.