Do most people own their nice new cars and utes?

Page 2 / 2
ryanm2, Jun 13, 7:04pm
There is a crapload of new Hilux's , Toyota Vansand Navara's down here in chch at the mo. Every demo company , drainlayer , a few sparkies and plumbers etc. I presume they are leased.

red97, Jun 13, 7:12pm
i have heard that the average car yard makes more money out of selling finance packages then for selling the cars

cookiepnga, Jun 13, 7:39pm
Yea I always paid cash for cars. Nothing more than 6 grand mind.

kazbanz, Jun 13, 8:35pm
Sorry mate I don't agree with you.
My advice if you need to get any form of finance on anything is the shop around and get the BEST dealfor YOU.
Its REALLY simple maths to work it out.
Take the number of payments you have to make (in total)and multiply it by the AMOUNT of the (weekly/monthly/fortnighly) payments
THAT number is what the car will actually cost you.
As I've said many times before everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Maybee you are right and the best deal is your bank but you would be silly to assume thats the case. Get a QUOTE from the caryard,another bank (not yours)
even another finance company with no link to the caryard.

The part of this I genuinely don't understand is why people don't shop around.
10k to me is a heck of a big chunk of money being able to save hundreds or into thousands in payments would seem simple -aparently not

budgel, Jun 13, 9:40pm
Golden rule number one!
Never borrow money for depreciating assets.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 13, 10:07pm
I was just about to say exactly that. But I would have added "unless for cashflow and they generate an income in their own right, such as plant".

elect70, Jun 14, 2:06am
Only ever bought 1 new car & it spentfirst 3 months in the shop every week getting warranry things fixed .Never againunless its lotto$ &a AMVantage