2007 holden crewman - dash not going

jacqui248, Jun 8, 12:12am
so my stupid husband took the battery out the holden to make his DUM boat go and now battery is back in ute the dash aint going, like the speedo, screen, fuel gauge etc, the obly thing going in the box above the sterring wheel is the indicator lights.

Anyone got any ideas! i actually took it into garage wen in town and he checked the terminal and all the fuses and sais that not the problem and he is unsure what the problem is.

as a side note does anyone wanna buy a freaking boat. me and boat never got on well before, we getting on even worse now.

jacqui248, Jun 8, 6:56am
anyone.,.

berg, Jun 8, 7:03am
Two set of fuses (under dash and under bonnet). Just hope when changing the battery it didn't get hooked wrong way round or arced while changing otherwise it may be computer related.

jacqui248, Jun 8, 7:41am
yes the garage fellow checked ALL the fuses. what is arced mean!

tandj3, Jun 8, 7:46am
What sort of boat!

grangies, Jun 8, 7:56am
Did you take it to Mark Crombie Holden!

They are the new and late model Holden dealers in Whangarei. It could be something that one of their mechanics or auto electricians will sort for you straight away.

jacqui248, Jun 8, 8:14am
lol mclay 550i think it is . older one. but newish 90hp motor and trailer

jacqui248, Jun 8, 8:15am
no i did not take it to them. they let me down many times wen we were still TIED to tehre servicing etc, and i dont trust them at all. we did ring the holden dealer that we bought it off new in nelson and spoke to garage fellow but he said after fuses he wasnt sure either

grangies, Jun 8, 8:26am
Bugger. Well best of luck, as it is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

There's plenty of good techo people on this messageboard so over the weekend you may get some more good tips.

jacqui248, Jun 8, 8:47pm
thanks ill bump then, cos the guy im taking it bacto wednesday seemed to me to have NO idea so id like to be able to give him some ideas

kenw1, Jun 8, 9:09pm
Jacqui. I have found the people at the auto elec down past farmlands in whangarei and swing right very helpful.Been there a couple of time, did a headlight realign and no charge :-)and some very helpful advice on a problem once.Think its colin wrack auto BUT not sure.

jacqui248, Jun 8, 11:46pm
THANKS Ken.

Do you all think its a Auto Electrician i need! cos i was wondering that!

icemans1, Jun 9, 12:44am
red goes on the + battery terminal, black goes on the - terminal

therafter1, Jun 9, 1:03am
Hooking jumpers up the wrong way around will usually blow the main fuse, not the odd one here and there, so it is unlikely that the leads have been connected the wrong way around or that the polarity on the outboard was different.

Sorry, but don't have any idea in relation to the actual problem other than to suggest that you may have to bite the bullet and talk to the people that 'should' know the vehicle and its foibles the best.

kenw1, Jun 9, 8:28am
My experience of them has been if aint them, they will quickly direct you to someone who will know what the problem is.Sounds stupid have you tried googling the problem!

jacqui248, Jun 9, 10:13pm
yip.google not my friend.

jacqui248, Jun 10, 8:47am
bump.;. i think ive decided o give holden in whangarei another go and see if they can diagnose it. i will not be leaving it there for htem ill ask if tehy have an idea and see what they say, if they go ummmm we need to look further ill take it to someone else but if holden go hang on weve seen this before its this this this. trhey get the job and by god that guy better not piss me off AGAIN. lol

as an aside to waht i am talking about holdne wen they did our serviceing the bill was ALWAYS 600 plus. they did do extra crap but imo it didnt need doing anyway. i window wiper blades etc, but tranz tune has done 2 services nowe since i stopped using them and they are fast , seem honest, and then bill is only around 200.

carclan, Jun 11, 5:24am
Take it to you local Ford dealer and trade it in.

neo_psy, Jun 11, 6:54am
That's strange, I'd rather take my Commy to Mark Cromie than to any Auckland dealer - the Auckland dealers always used to stuff me round when Cromie were way on the ball. They must have dropped off in the last few years.

jacqui248, Jun 11, 7:57am
SOO update. i went to go out this morning and the dash was all go again. wierd as. so i took it to holden anyway and he plugged in something to read the compouter thing and it told him that had happened but not why. in the end he said all he thought was from the battery being out of it and reconnected is that for some reason the dash just did not boot up again. or the computer needs new software. he said whilst its going dont ouch it and see if it happens again.

Very wierd as it went from not going when id done about 100kms in it on Friday starting and stopping many times to sitting in garage for weekend and now it goes again. LONG may it last and husband has been given STRICT orders to not use the battery for the frewaking boat again!

And the guy at crombie was very good TODAY.