Toyota 3SFE ENGINE

toyboy3, Jun 9, 11:01pm
keeps getting moisture in number 3 spark plug tube.creating a miss fire .Have cleaned it 2 times yet the moisturekeeps returning, any ideas

jasongroves, Jun 9, 11:24pm
Is the seal stuffed!
On many engines its just an O ring type seal, not sure about the 3S though.

ceebee2, Jun 10, 2:07am
!Blown / leaking head gasket. When it is cold next, remove all plugs and radiator cap and crank engine, carefully look for a fountain of youth from the radiator or moisture from the spark plug ports.a sure sign of blown/ leaking head gasket.

toyboy3, Jun 10, 2:11am
the water is in the plug leadtube of number three cylinder, not in the combustion side

gadgit3, Jun 10, 2:54am
Getting moisture in the tubes is normal after the engine has been washed. And once it's in there you need to dry it out and also dry the the porcelain part of the lead inside and out or it will just keep showing up.
If it had head gasket issues you will see oil collecting in the spark plug tubes so don't suspect failed head gasket.

mugenb20b, Jun 10, 2:58am
I've got the same problem with our Odyssey. Number 1 spark plug tube always seems to be collecting moisture. Replacing HT leads didn't fix it. Every 3 months I go in there with an air gun and dry the shit out. I might replace the rocker cover and tube gaskets one day, if I can be bothered, and see if that fixes it.

redbluecod, Jun 10, 6:38am
had that problem before was a crack in the head

gadgit3, Jun 10, 8:29am
On a 3S-FE! But there are no water jackets near the spark plug tubes. they are prone to slight movement in the head and leaking oil in.

toyboy3, Jun 10, 8:44am
well I have cut the rubber seal offon the top of theHTleadand so far no more condensationbuild upwill see how it goes