Tether Bolts 0 Mitsubishi Colt

joaopnz, Jun 9, 12:14am
Has anyone installed a Tether Bolt on a Mitsubishi colt before!
Does it already have the boltpre-installed or needs drilling!

yogibearz, Jun 9, 12:39am
Should have two built into it. Are there any plugs towards the rear of the hood lining just inside the tailgate. If so whats under them !

therafter1, Jun 9, 12:56am
NZ new they will usually be already fitted, JUC you will probably have to have one fitted.

kazbanz, Jun 9, 3:22am
what year colt!

joaopnz, Jun 9, 3:56am
Thank you. Still can't figure it out where it should be bolted. Doesn't seem to have anywhere to bolt it.

Will take a picture and post soon if anyone could help.

kazbanz, Jun 9, 5:50am
watch this space--I'll have a look at the one Ive got in stock when its not dark

kazbanz, Jun 9, 6:07am
Ok I just ripped into a jap import 1300
theres nothing that leaps out at me as being "THE" spot but the two places that grabbed my eye were
1) as someone said just inside the hatch Look upthere are two plugs in line with the seat --they push into the metal support for the hatch
2) fold/tip the seat right forward--Again inbeetween the two seat Clips are two grey "poppers" securing the carpet -take them out and you'll be able to bolt straight through
The other alternative and argueably "easier" is to pop the plastic covers off the shock towers and drop the seat back anchors onto the shock bolts.you'll just need a couple of nuts to hold them in place

joaopnz, Jun 9, 7:39am
1) as someone said just inside the hatch Look up there are two plugs in line with the seat --they push into the metal support for the hatch

Sorry, can't figure this out. Will have another look tomorrow morning. thank you!

iag.newzealand, Jun 9, 10:15am
Hi yes like kazbanz said fold rear seat foward and pull carpet up. Your tether strap kit should have a nut welded to a flat square drill a hole in floor pan ahead of spare wheel well get someone to hold bolt in hole with top clipand someone else underneth with the square nut thing,and bolt it up tight.

andy61, Jun 10, 5:57am
Do they not have Isofix on the seats lke a lot of newish cars!

kazbanz, Jun 10, 6:12am
I looked at my one and no--or ida suggested it

joaopnz, Jun 10, 7:18am
Got it done.

The back seat on my Colt 2004 1.3 folds back and than to bottom part o the sear lifts up exposing the bolts that hold the seat to the car frame. I used on of those bolts (which had a perfect fit to the tether bolt). No need to drill and the bolt is hidden and not on the way.

Thank you very much!