Holden VY 2003 --------------- LPG

toysky, Jun 10, 12:34am
Does any one on here have one or similar , how economical are they on LPG !how much to do say 750ks !

cheers

ceebee2, Jun 10, 2:03am
I used to fita lot of LPG conversions and on that model and most others the economy was approx 10% less than petrol but then the cost of LPG offset it. As far as distance goes it depends entirely on the tank size fitted! Simply take 10% off the tank size and you will be close compared to petrol.
Go find the nearest taxi driver with one to get the real figure.

toysky, Jun 10, 4:18am
Tank size is 75 litres

jared861, Jun 17, 10:40pm
I have a VX,Very economical, get a rockgas card, I pay $1.10 litre. I use about 10.5 litres per 100 km on gas (open Road)

phalanax, Jun 17, 10:51pm
I had one same car Vy x taxi 420ks on the clock lpg was cheeep! they are very good.just shop around for the fillups some places charge like 30 cents a litre more.dont get ripped shop around.

jared861, Jun 17, 11:54pm
With a rockgas card you pay the same price for lpg wherever you fill up as long as it is one of their outlets, and they bill you fortnightly or monthly.
(Caltex, Challenge and Mobil)

bjmh, Jun 18, 4:39am
L.P.G tank will be due for recertification every ten years ,so probably getting due soon.a bit of cost involved in removing ,refitting tank etc probably one reason why a few of these cars getting moved on.

phalanax, Jun 18, 9:18pm
Yep exact reason i sold mine.got a year out of it though and it was very economical not too mention the extra range that dual fuel gives you. .lol.

jared861, Jun 20, 9:44pm
Cost around $500 for tank to be certified for 10 years, that works out at $50 a year,I save more than that every week running on LPG as opposed to petrol.