Voucher for cambelt replacement

Page 2 / 2
gmphil, Jul 15, 12:48am
When ive had mine done i get a print out on computer paper say how much and wot was ajusted

trader_84, Jul 15, 1:06am
Your cars a GM though, isn't it! So do you ever enquire as to how many km's the donor car did before they front chopped it to stick the front part onto the front of your ride . due to your one running out of adjustment! And do you ever ask for the old front back!

nzfatie, Jul 15, 6:41am
I thought this thread was about cambelts!
Got my Honda Civic VTEC one changed for $160 from a Chinese mechanic working from home. Water pump not leaking or noisy so no need to change. Tensioner bearings fine as SOHC places less strain on them than DOHC. 1/2 the price of a garage and he gave me the old belt as proof it had been done.

supernova2, Jul 15, 10:17am
But was it your old belt or just something he had lying about!

franc123, Jul 15, 10:42am
Goes on all the time, its an expensive joke. I'm long past paying $80 odd to pay a teenager whose had a half day training course that makes him a "technician" to spend 10 minutes adjusting the toe on my car, and on one occasion it was to the wrong specs and it was also in need of a caster adjustment as it still had a pull afterwards. The outer edges of the tyres still feathered. But hey this is what they tell these kids to do. Bought a caster/camber gauge off ebay and made up a pair of turntables and a toe trammel so I can DIY now. The whole setup cost less than four alignments and no more pulling or tyre wear problems.