HT Holden 1970

shiyo, Aug 2, 9:21am
We are doing up a HT holden and are trying to sort out how to restore or replace the arm rests, Can these be recovered or do they make reproduction new. The vinyl is moulded on. I have tried google and it hasnt been any help.Any help be much appreciated. Thanks.

nathanmac, Aug 2, 9:24am
we got some repro ones through rare spares in oz a few years back. beats using split worn and torn old ones.can't remember what colours they come in though - we got black ones.

shiyo, Aug 2, 9:29am
thanks will try, Did try looking at rare spares nz but couldnt see any there. After the blue ones, similar to original colour. Cheers

zephyrheaven, Aug 2, 9:39am
Rare Spares Chch Talk to Craig tell him James The Zephyr guy sent you

shiyo, Aug 2, 9:49am
thanks, have emailed rare spares , will check back tomorrow

rotormotor7, Aug 2, 10:25am
i had a white/blue interior hg kingswood.drivers side armrest residedin the glove box in that one.

neville48, Aug 2, 8:00pm
If you have a old holden you have armrests when you wind down the window to put the elbow out, the factory armrest belongs in the glovebox to save wear and tear and nurds using it, put that elbow out and cruise man.

shiyo, Aug 2, 8:11pm
haha thanks guys, but it be cruise gal. Come on I want it to look fantastic. Hubby got lots of cars and this took my heart!So want to keep going on her. Motor done, factory 308. Paint work done and front seat. just the lttle touch's now to keep me broke. Off to work , will still check in later Cheers

donz01, Aug 4, 8:18am
goggle dashboard restorations. My mate does it in Nerang QLD but i think there are similar places here in NZ. I got some recovered about 20 years ago after making rear WB Caprice armrests shorter to fit my twincab ute. The outfit that did it took 3 attempts to get them perfect.

shiyo, Aug 4, 7:13pm
Thanyou donz01.found one called that.It is Auckland based. just the place to do the arm rests. Cheers for that, much appreciated

guider1, Aug 5, 12:15am
What colour! I have a mate who owns a few HT/G/K's. He has a 6cyl HK Prem, factory 307 Chev HK Prem, HT Monaro, HG ute & a HK Brougham. but he has a few spare parts laying around too.

paull, Aug 5, 10:47am
they come in black and are $250 a pair

shiyo, Aug 5, 9:30pm
I am after the blue. I will check what I have and see if they are good enough to recover. I am waiting for a reply from the dashboard restoration place.
Guider.If he has any blue in mint condition, that would be great
paull.where do you get those from.rare spares dont have any and their Aussie shop is waiting as well. the factoryhave run out of reproduction and hope to source more soon.
Thanks all for your suggestions

guider1, Aug 5, 10:05pm
Ok shiyo i'll ask him, I know the interior in the Prem he's cut up for a dragcar was blue. Do you need all 4 or 2 or !.

shiyo, Aug 6, 12:03am
its only got them in the front, Its a Ht holden kingswood registered in NZ as a 1971.but I thought they only made up till 1970!
thanks for your help

paull, Aug 6, 1:31am
may have been first registered in 71 but 71 are generally hg,s. also regarding the arm rests you will struggle to find someone to re cover them as it is a shit job to do and the costs are huge compared to buying them and re spraying them , there was a trader on here selling them a while back, will try and find it for you,

shiyo, Sep 13, 3:04pm
thanks paull.hadnt thought of painting them. I will just have to find a good un torn pair. Another good idea from here. Cheers.yeah as far as I can tell from research its a 1970 model