Fords rule, holden suck

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 11:04am
had a holiday, start back with a bang. haha!

cuda.340, Jul 12, 11:06am
dead right, Mopars Rule

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 11:06am
dark side is an option!

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 11:08am
FTW ford hemi is the best. big block MOPAR killer

unclejake, Jul 12, 11:26am
Ha! I take it you got banned when I wasn't looking them mate. Thanks for your paint tips. I applied the Dulux on the nail heads tonight (finally warm enough I hope). It is a thick brew!

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 11:30am
do 2 to 3 coats uj. if you want me to come out and have a look let me know.Im painting exterior at eastbourne at the mo. exterior middle of winter is harsh,but the sea on the doorstep makes it better.!

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 11:31am
south coast like eastboune.

unclejake, Jul 12, 11:33am
I will be sweet by myself man, but will add another coat or two of the Metalsheild over the next two days.

Thanks heaps. I used the spot weld drill to remove all the Permafill. It worked like a bawse

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 11:40am
yep. 20 years of fillers , pal contract filler the best.FULL STOP. builders bog for HOLES,that dont feather to an edge, as thats when it fails . oilbased primer and 2 top coats or 3 if you wana.

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 11:41am
bog for holes . not skimming!

unclejake, Jul 12, 12:06pm
Yes Sir! I bought the Pal Contract Filler on Monday.

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 12:15pm
nothing will beat rust. you know that. its the best method i have found to hold it. thats why alloy boats are good!

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 12:16pm
and no sir.

omega12, Jul 12, 12:21pm
Trust a ford owner to be an expert in the use of bog.lol

fordkiwi27, Jul 12, 12:26pm
nope bog no good.

trader_84, Jul 12, 9:03pm
Chrysler's 426 HEMI slaughtered both of them. Both camps cried like little biarchs to the race santioning bodies to get the HEMI; penalised; to carry more weight; ruled out by snakey use of rulebooks .then outright banned from competition when nothing else worked. The HEMI still rules today. Look under the body on any championship flopper or arse end of a rail and you will see a predatory, menacing piece of equipment designed to slay anything Phord or Cheb brought to the races.

friendly_prawn, Jul 12, 9:09pm
heya fordkiwi. nice to see you back. Guess they really cant keep a good man down eh!
I'm guessing yoru comments above are in relation to wood work on a building!
Not that I claim to be any sort of painter although I do all my own painting.
I have never heard of pal contract filler so cant comment but as far as filling rotting peices of timber rather than replacing if thats what you are talking about, builders bog is rubbish. I wouldnt use it for anything.
It always just falls out eventually.
I have found a permanent fix to be fiberglass.
Obviously rot needs cleaning out and area needs to be dried thoroughly, and hole filled with fiberglass is a permanent life time fix.
My painter mate put me on to it. I have used it more than once and many years later no sign of rot returning. Works a real treat.

tgray, Jul 12, 9:56pm
Don't like Ford or Holden, but since the new Camaro is built on the Commodore platform and designed in Aussie, I guess I'm a Holden fan by default.

bellky, Jul 12, 10:46pm
Good thread.

ninja_man, Jul 12, 11:08pm
screw holden and ford, HONDA ftw!

sr2, Jul 13, 12:28am
I must be getting old; when it comes to cars I have absolutely no brand loyalty. All that interests me now is how fast I can make them go!

tgray, Jul 13, 12:36am
In that case then, you are not getting old.

sr2, Jul 13, 12:41am
Thanks for the complement tgray, and here was me expecting derogatory comments about my current twin turbo big block Great Wall Ute project!