VW Passat 2000 knocking noise?

kdiddy20, Jun 30, 2:02am
ok I need help.My car has just had the suspension on both sides done (both arms as well) due to failing wof.Now Im not sure if there was ever a knocking before, but now (or perhaps louder) there is this constant knocking when im accelerating, when im in idle, even when im in park.(Automatic) does anyone know what could be causing the knocking! Ive heard that VW passats are very bad with oil sludges, but do you think the suspension repairs could have contributed! or that my oil sensor is broken and theres no oil! Help lol.

kazbanz, Jun 30, 2:14am
Go back to the place that did the suspension work as first port of call.Have them check over the work they did.-It may be other thinbgs but untill thats eliminated .

kdiddy20, Jun 30, 2:29am
Im just scared to drive my car just in case its something to do with the engine the knocking is really loud, and embaressing lol

mugenb20b, Jun 30, 2:43am
If you are an AA member or the like, give them a call and they can check it out for you.

kdiddy20, Jun 30, 2:47am
Unfortunatly no Im not.

m16d, Jun 30, 3:39am
Yer exhaust pipe is touching something.!

kdiddy20, Jun 30, 3:52am
not that I can see, the sound is comming more from the front

kazbanz, Jun 30, 4:40am
gosh Im sorry but that had me smiling- you are taking the micky right!
sorry if you are seriousbut the exhaust comes from the engine -the front and curves down to under the car

neo_psy, Jun 30, 4:47am
Check the oil with the dipstick before you start it if you think there could be no oil.

Was it the front or rear suspension that was done!

morrisman1, Jun 30, 4:49am
Is the engine related to engine behaviour or suspension behaviour!

hornnett, Jun 30, 5:00am
And I reckon as you do its never to early to start drinking

ryanm2, Jun 30, 5:01am
what engine the 2.8 or 1.8T!

saxman99, Jun 30, 5:09am
You need to let out the guy you locked in the boot.

hornnett, Jun 30, 5:28am
A decade plus VW lets face it its over rover.

johnf_456, Jun 30, 5:59am
Be can't break the euro man says they are good.

johnf_456, Jun 30, 6:00am
is that the fiat salesman!

kdiddy20, Jun 30, 6:02am
lol, no not taking the micky, the only part i know about cars is tyres haha! the engine is 1.8 and will check the dipstick in the morning.and it was the front suspension done the whole arm, on both sides.

mugenb20b, Jun 30, 6:05am
Well, if it is, I'd leave him in there.

next-to-normal, Jul 1, 12:22pm
sounds like they took your car out and trashed it

kdiddy20, Jul 7, 12:15am
it was the fan belt, took it in got it repaired, and told me that some hose was rusting as well.so getting that fixed next week.this car better last me another 5 years lmao.