Nitro/glow engine in rc boat tuning help

srrolla76, Jul 3, 4:03am
hi there, have recently taken on a project, scratch building a radio controlled boat with a nitro engine. i brought a 2nd hand ASP .40 off trade me and i can get it too start and idle but i cant increase rpm without it stalling, i think the needles are out of wack is there anyone who can help me too tne it or may know the factory needle seetings for one of these! its unlike a carb ive seen before, has 4 different adjustments, one foe idle speed, a small spring loaded screw next to that one and then two needles, one either side of the carb which i guess is hsn and lsn. any help would be great.

thanks

dlightful, Jul 3, 5:39am
Hi the two screws either side of the carb are high and low speed and the high speed adjuster will be closest to the fuel line .The screw with the spring around it is the idle set screw .And some carbs have a air bleed screw. My OS engine settings are for the low speed are about = 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 out from closed .High speed 3 to 3 1/2 turns out but can vary on the day,It sounds like yours is running on the lean side and adjust the idle set screw so when you look down the carb barrel has a 1mm to1.5mm gap when closed .

zephyrheaven, Jul 3, 6:07am
Have a Nitro buggy myself - had a hard time with the 1st engine but new motor incl carb has been a dream. Loads of very helpful youtube video's but know your pain, mine used to rev out & stall all the time - loads of fiddling with the high screw helped.

srrolla76, Jul 3, 6:58am
thank you guys your advice was very helpfull. cheers.