Went to bp today to get gas

Page 2 / 2
johnf_456, Jul 2, 2:02am
I do the same, if they are going to treat me as dishonest in that way. They can can take their business else where, Mobil I have noticed are especially bad for this.

I don't do this but a friend I know picks up the nozzles and puts them on the ground. That way they have to come out of the office to put them back up, funny enough next time he turned up the pump was activated for him. LOL

hopie, Jul 2, 3:07am
Yeah I also hate it when getting told to pre-pay first. umm how can I pre-pay full!

tigra, Jul 2, 3:08am
For some of us walking is dificult and there's no way I am limping over to the office twice.

n1smo_gtir, Jul 2, 5:51am
used to live in foxxton n that mobil is an ideal place for people doing drive offs as its a drive through town. Cops takes ages from levin or palmy.

savanna71, Jul 2, 5:59am
+1 I dont do prepay either, nor do i buy fuel from Shell, our local ones (selwyn cook) hires one staff member and often the queue is 10-15 people deep and by the time everyone has used there docket/rewards card/got a coffee/get a car wash you have been there 30 minutes

pauldw, Jul 2, 6:22am
If they weren't so set on trying to sell you coffee and Moro bars you'd end up with EFT-POS at the pumps and that's all prepay.

There is a Police station a few blocks away from the Foxton Mobil so they're not totally in indian country.

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 2, 7:19am
Exactly. Mobil had EFTPOS at the pump for a while.

smac, Jul 2, 8:28am
I don't buy that. If they used their heads with cameras etc drive offs wouldn't be an issue. It's about getting you in the shop more often/for longer so you buy other crap.

As above they used to have eftpos at pump until they realised it cost them in the shop.

Plate recognition, auto plate look up, not stolen, job done in a fraction of the time it takes the muppet to argue with the pissed off customers.