Went to bp today to get gas

Page 1 / 2
kecal, Jul 1, 3:32am
stuk$120in.soI thoughtid use my aa card and get 6cents a litre of, cut the price down to $117. I may as well have pissed in the wind . and saved my energy .too me thats not a saving at all.cripeover

gunhand, Jul 1, 3:37am
Ive had up to 27c a ltr saving, you have to accumulate them to make it worth it. If you use alot of petrol in a month it can save a bit. I saved a whole $4 on a $50 top up. That would buy a pie lol, or 2 more ltrs.

mykl, Jul 1, 4:04am
I filled up the other day with a New World 30 cent discount voucher. Put 60 odd litres in the Falcon and filled up two tote tanks for the boat and got over $35.00 off the total

attitudedesignz, Jul 1, 4:51am
By it's very definition yes it is.

'a reduction or lessening of expenditure or outlay'

So i guess if you didn't make that $3 SAVING and paid full price you'd whinge 'bout that as well.

You must be friends with the euro' lover and Camaro restorer.

(Regulars will know who i'm talking 'bout lol)

lpggas, Jul 1, 6:25am
You got 6 cents per liter off by doing sweet eff all so stop whinging , it's not hard to do the maths before buying anything to see if the discount is actually worth it .

modie61, Jul 1, 8:02am
We have a self servo here in Kapiti,that has 91 fuel for $1.89.9 per litre.
Think its BP.

fiatracer, Jul 1, 9:52pm
Count yourself lucky - I went to a Hamilton BP last week, stood by my car holding the nozzle, signalling to the teller and got ignored. So I drove away. I went to the motorway BP in small hours this morning, just as they were shutting down for an upgrade. So I went to BP Bombay Hills and stood waiting to pay while the teller wandered off and had a phonecall. Eventually the took my money after I suggested I would drive away.

pauldw, Jul 1, 10:01pm
The AA/BP 6c off deal is only up to 50l.

mugenb20b, Jul 1, 10:05pm
Each to their own, but I like to fill my own car up.

countrypete, Jul 1, 10:32pm
I went to the BP Bombay a couple of years ago, lifted the nozzle and put it in the fuel filler, waited around 20 seconds (at least).No flow, so hung it up and drove off.I cannot stand poor service!Was sweating though, as I wasn't sure I'd make the next station in South Auckland somewhere. But I did.

countrypete, Jul 1, 10:33pm
What Fiat racer means is that the teller would not turn the pump on to let him fill his car.

fiatracer, Jul 1, 11:15pm
ONLY I fill my car - I was signalling for them to "release" the pump so I could

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 1, 11:36pm
I only fill up. If they won't release the pump I go elsewhere never to return. I'm not interested in queueing twice.

fiatracer, Jul 1, 11:40pm
exactly - I am not queueing to ask for the pump to be activated, then again to pay. Of course, queueing twice would be lovely for them, twice as much exposure to their retail products.Just Say No.

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 2, 12:08am
I don't do pre-pay either.

scuba, Jul 2, 12:28am
you guys are funny lol. cut off your nose to spite your face.
you think they give a damn if you don't go back .

boo hoo the big bad man won'tserve me gas .I'll teach himhahaha losers
get a life

bashfulbro, Jul 2, 12:38am
Yes, me too Tony, i cannot be bothered with it.One day ,at Karapiro Mobil, i filled my truck up, then saw another truck waiting, so pulled my truck away from the pump, and parked, the attendant came running out ,screaming and yelling, i ignored him, went in to pay and he told me if i ever did that again he would call the police, and told me not to ever move from the pump till i had paid, i told him he will never,ever have to worry about me doing it again, i`ll never be back.
I think it`s plain ignorance to leave a vehicle blocking the pump,when others are waiting.

footplate1, Jul 2, 12:45am
Bashfulbro is a true gent!Other motorists appreciate such actions.Shifting to a park immediately in front of the window hasn't, to date, caused any attendant to wet the pants - but I could understand it happening if there is a cretin on duty.

fiatracer, Jul 2, 12:46am
it's called exercising my right as a consumer. I have a life.

mugenb20b, Jul 2, 12:55am
My apologies fiatracer, that makes a lot more sense now.

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 2, 1:18am
Really. how does that work! Plenty more places to go. They lose out, not me.

poppajn, Jul 2, 1:40am
Your missing the point, if people keep doing this, they will have no customer,s, so won,t have to activate pump,s or serve ,cause there will be no-one

smac, Jul 2, 1:52am
Tosser in Foxton Mobile last night would not release pump at all. Pay first, no exception. Never going back, and politely asked him to tell the boss that.

They have me on camera, I'm quite prepared to show ID, yet they still think pissing off paying customers is better than risking a drive-off. That's a business that's gonna die.

johnf_456, Jul 2, 1:57am
Of course it is a saving, anything knocked off is. Every cent adds up if we applied that logic to everything we buy.

brish, Jul 2, 2:00am
Where I am, Caltex will let you accumulate points but BP won't.I've had up to 42 cpl off on one occasion, but of course you're forfeiting the 6cpl each time you getyour $40 worth.It does work out more though.