Found his stolen car.

friendly_prawn, Jun 27, 8:08pm

thejazzpianoma, Jun 27, 8:17pm
I hope he tracks down the thief, sounds like the receiver or possibly even the thief may have had it for 40 years. Very very low milage in all that time which while possible for that sort of vehicle does make me wonder if it spend most of its time "hiding" in a shed, because whoever had it knew it was stolen.

dr.doolittle, Jun 27, 8:25pm
Notvery credible reporting. The caption for the pic. says " found again nearly 30 years after it was stolen".Yet the owner says ". it's been more than 40 years."
I wonder if he would have been all that interested in recovering it if it was say.a FIAT.
Anyho, I like the story about the guy who had his new Corvette stolen when he was in his 20's & got that back after 40 or do years.
Good story though. Thanks.

ambo11, Jun 27, 9:09pm
He was having sleepless nights tho.if it was a FIAT he was having nightmares dreaming it would be returned.lol.

fryan1962, Jun 28, 11:01am
So he bought it back! why!

if it was still his

rover79, Jun 28, 11:27am
The article didn't say he bought it back, and wouldn't the insurance company own it!
How would he recognise it as his one!

Here's a good story with a price
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/05/german-court-impounds-3-8-million-car-that-was-stolen-by-american-soldiers/

fryan1962, Jun 28, 9:02pm
The car was missing its Vehicle Identification Number plate, but Russell was able to contact the car dealer selling it and after six weeks of negotiation

wow if they gave it back wonder why it was six weeks of negotiations

trogedon, Jun 28, 9:43pm
Poor guy to pay all that loot and get nothing.

friendly_prawn, Jun 28, 10:06pm
To be honest Trog, I find it hard to feel sorry for anyone that can afford 3.8million for a car. Im sure the loss wont affect him (money wise) too much.

motorboy2011, Jun 28, 11:11pm
who said it was insured

friendly_prawn, Jun 28, 11:21pm
The car was stolen so belonged to him and was rightfully returned at no cost other than deliver and impound costs to pay.

http://www.thestar.com/wheels/article/1216697--man-finds-car-stolen-in-1970-after-lucky-ebay-search

friendly_prawn, Jun 28, 11:23pm
Car dealer loses out!

rover79, Jun 29, 12:20am
well maybe I assumed that.
$2000us in 1970, about $4000nzd at the time, and what, about 30 or 40k on todays standards. I suppose it is possible a person wouldn't insure.

fryan1962, Jun 29, 7:50am
looks like you were wrong,reading post from friendly prawn

trogedon, Jun 29, 8:04am
"To be honest" f_p ", I find it hard to feel sorry for anyone that can afford .for a car" sales. "Im sure the loss wont affect him (money wise) too much."
Just so you know your words are coming back to haunt you. With apologies to Kaz.

friendly_prawn, Jun 29, 8:52am
not haunting at all. I stand by my original post.
I'll even say it again for you lol
"To be honest Trog, I find it hard to feel sorry for anyone that can afford 3.8million for a car. Im sure the loss wont affect him (money wise) too much"