Idiots driving with no lights on

Page 2 / 3
pge, Jun 19, 10:30pm
Maybe, they are performing a social service, and trying to ensure that someone else doesn't end up as a victim of the lightless one's stupidity!

pge, Jun 19, 10:35pm
Speaking of 'lightless one's stupidity', I was returning home from training on Monday night, around 21:30, two cars turned across my bows, the first, lit up well, the second!NO lights whatsoever ! !

What is wrong with some people!

Surely you would think, IF they can't see their instruments, there MUST be something wrong!

Well, wouldn't you!

gusthe1, Jun 19, 10:36pm
In fairness to the driver those lights probably just didnt work.

scoobeey, Jun 19, 11:46pm
Or idiots with lights ON on sunny days on full beam blardy blinding you:(

slarty45, Jun 20, 12:46am
$150 fine if the fuzz catch you performing a social service.
Flashing head lights.

tazcsv, Jun 20, 2:13am
Just as bad are the muppets who think by turning there park lights on that that will do untill its completly dark. If there is a reason for this please someone tell me!

modie61, Jun 20, 8:40am
Some drivers dont even know how to dip their headlamps !

moosie_21, Jun 20, 8:41am
I swear that every person who drives with no lights on is stoned. I've seen it way too many times to believe otherwise.

studio1, Jun 20, 10:04am
I'm tired of people who drive on dull days or in crappy weather with their park lights only.
What is it about the word 'park' that they don't understand! Park lights are for when you are PARKED. Not for when you're driving!
Not only that, park lights are a waste of time when you're driving. They can't be seen. So many vehicles I see coming towards me with pissy little park lights on, can't be seen at a distance, or worse, there's only one of them working.
Why can't people turn their headlights on when it's bad weather - so at least you can be seen by others!
Why this aversion to 'light up' !
Especially grey vehicles. really hard to see.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 20, 6:07pm
If only the Police would bother to spend some of their millions in advertising budget on getting people to use their lights properly. Or even better, pull some up for some warnings.

But clearly there is not enough money to be made in actual road safety.

bmwnz, Jun 20, 6:14pm
This has been one of my 'things' for many years. Yesterday driving home accentuated OP's post. It was hissing down so much I was about ready to engage submarine mode in my car. There was a very high percentage of grey/silver/ cars coming towards me who chose to be invisible by not using their lights. The idjits either didn't care or were incapable of thought, safe in their cocooned world of drooling vacant thoughtlessness.

Grey/silver cars - chosen to reflect their complete lack of any personality or thoughts of personal safety.

trogedon, Jun 20, 9:10pm
I sometimes don't put the lights on in one of our cars in lower light conditions because I don't want to leave the lights on when I get home. There is no lights on beeper in that car. I still flash lights at other drivers without lights on in the dark.

tazcsv, Jun 20, 9:43pm
Hows yhat going to help you when you dont make it home because another driver slams into you.
That is very backward thinking.

johnf_456, Jun 20, 9:50pm
Define low light! Everyone has a different interpretation, if the street lights are on. Turn them on.

trogedon, Jun 21, 5:06am
I didn't type 'dark'. If the streetlights are on of course we'd turn our lights on. I think you need to do a long hard deep think on what the word "backward" mean.

sw20, Jun 21, 6:48am
Hand over your drivers licence now and take the bus.

brants, Jun 21, 7:03am
Oversized have a pilot vehicle and beacons and I'll take my safety over someone who's already dead.

trogedon, Jun 21, 7:34am
Rather ride my bicycle.

stevo2, Jun 21, 7:36am
Sure but make sure you turn the lights on Troggy

quickbuck, Jun 21, 10:11am
Actually, on that I turn on my cycle tail light when on the main road. Users tend to give me more room.
I too noticed a lot of cars without lights in the dim wet conditions the other day.
I turn on head lights everytime the wipers are on as a rule, and of course when it is dark.

robotnik, Jun 21, 11:28pm
Grey cars don't require cleaning as much to still look good. The black car I have now looks dirty within hours of being washed, whereas my previous genmetal car looked clean for weeks without a wash, it seemed to absorb the dirt.

johnf_456, Jun 21, 11:39pm
Reckon, I have a black car. I have given up trying to keep it clean especially in winter. After having a silver car for many years they keep very clean.

nzrys, Jun 21, 11:40pm
Lets face it New Zealand driver are really scared of their car lights. Driving your car with parkers on is not only dumb for several reasons, and some are: 1.You are not parked 2. If an accident happens as a result of you only having your park lights on, you maybe a cause and insurrance may be a problem. 3. You dash lights up but you cant seen if your headlights are on as it gets darker.
Oh and I'll through another one in, because people are so scared of their lights. How many dumb drivers do you see trying to change lanes but either will not use their indicators to tell you or do it after they are making the move.
Come on people use them lights, they will not hurt you, I promise. Their are a lot of drivers out there today, alive because they did use them.

footplate1, Jun 22, 12:01am
Having your headlights on during the day is OK in theory.But there are still too many vehicles with poorly adjusted headlights -asbad as fog lights - and oncoming drivers are dazzled.

trogedon, Jun 22, 6:43am
quickbuck wrote:
Actually, on that I turn on my cycle tail light when on the main road. Users tend to give me more room.

I've noticed that when I've been on training rides at night too. WIth good flashing taillights etc I found drivers give me more space than during the daytime. I think we stand out more looking like mobile Christmas trees.