Idiots driving with no lights on

Page 3 / 3
tractor9, Jun 22, 9:41am
Oh you guys, I'm surprised at you all. Don't you know driving without lights on saves power !

gunhand, Jun 22, 9:57am
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Its not as if you can not see these cars as by commenting on the park lights being on means you have in fact seen the car, and thats a plus.
If you couldnt or didnt see them there would be nothing to complain about.
Ive seen all the above go on ever since Ive been driving so its nothing new.
Hell in a very well lit town Ive driven off with lights off as well, but picked up on it pretty bloody quick. Happens all the time to all sorts of cars and people.
Yesterday I counted 5 out of 40 cars in 10 mins with just one headlight working.
I see cars and 4x4s with 4 blinding lights going, I see cars with tailights out, then theres the homosexuals, well they have to be as they seem to want to get as far my arse as they can even though Im doin 100kph. I see all manner of issues all the time and no doubt some may see me screw up at times, just like we all do, oh except maybe 2 on here.
Its life on the roads, if you dont like it get off it as it sounds like some stress way to much about bugger all and a stressed driver is a bad driver.
I have pet hates to but in the end getting from point A to point B in one peace is more important than someone with there park lights on that I seen anyway.

hfc2, Jun 26, 7:04am
Today at 5pm, snow and sleet showers, passed 3 cars oncoming 2 were grey one was tarseal black all with no lights.

gunhand, Jun 26, 7:16am
You must have been on the same road as I was LOl. I had a silver car coming toward me, didnt see it till it was quite closebut could see the car directly behind it plain as with its lights on.Even if he had his park lights on it would have showed up better but I was surprised how hard it was to see.
And this was also 5.05pm and snowing plus geting dark quickly.

philltauranga, Jun 26, 7:20am
Loads over 3.1m wide need pilots, oversize signs and beacons. Loads between the 2.5m standard width and 3.1m dosent need a pilot, only reflective hazard panels for night or flags during the day, and headlights ON at all times, no beacon or oversize sign allowed under 3.1m. The 600mm wider dosent seem like much unless you are sharing a narrow bridge.

bashfulbro, Jun 26, 7:49am
No they don`t, always, there are wide loads moving every day that don`t have pilots, or beacons.,flags on load and headlights on dip is a requirement.

bad_boy_1, Jun 26, 10:32pm
all my lights in my car turn on when i start turn off when im done subaru :D but there is alot of cars that dont have lights on or i found when towwing a trailer people flash me but i had lights on for a reason 1) to show marker lights 2) show trailer was bigger then then car lol and 3 i couldnt go fast

bashfulbro, Jun 27, 4:19am
When you tow your trailer, the people are probably flashing you because the weight of the trailer on the back of your car is raising your headlights and they think your lights are on high beam,

brants, Jun 27, 6:08am
If maximum wide load without beacons or pilot is less than 3.1 M i dont see why you need to stand out so much compared to other traffic. If people cant see a big truck there not going to see a car without its lights on at intersections or when passing etc.

I don't think it should be law to have lights on during the day in a car tho i wonder what difference its made for the motorbikes.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6937184_laws-daytime-driving-lights.html

lpggas, Jun 28, 9:20am
I'd rather have to to err on the side of caution in judging how far away a oncoming vehicle is that not be able to see it at all

lpggas, Jun 28, 9:21am
That is the most illogical load of crap I've ever heard .

lpggas, Jun 28, 9:23am
Well said .

bashfulbro, Jun 28, 9:47am
No, what you are saying is. If you don`t think it is wise to stay on your own side of the road, then ,you are an idiot, who should travel by bus.

lpggas, Jun 28, 8:05pm
Pot calling kettle black me thinks . Travelling long distances on the open road requires moving into the other lane on occasion to pass the dawdlers who dont understand basic courtesy, ie move over when safeto allow faster traffic past ,Birdheads like yourself who seem to think you will flatten the battery with the headlights on ( or some other equally daft logic ) & refuse to turn the headlights on when visibility is limited are a menace to all other road users , Just read the dozens of comments on here from others who think the same thing . Anything that increases the visibility of your vehicle to other road users has to be a good thing

bashfulbro, Jun 29, 12:46am
I have driven more miles ,safely, than you could ever dream of in your life.Your post doesn`t make any sense.you say. . Travelling long distances on the open road requires moving into the other lane on occasion to pass the dawdlers who dont understand basic courtesy.When visibility is limited.! WTF.!, you should wait at the same bus stop as the other idiot.
Stay on your own side of the road, it`s very simple.

ianrich, Jun 29, 1:12am
#67 So what you're saying is that because you never cross the centre line you are under the impression that you are safe driving in low light conditions with no lights on!
That is hilarious.

lpggas, Jun 29, 2:38am
How the eff would you know how many miles I drive ! & how the hell does driving more miles make anybody a better driver than anybody else . In fact theres as strong probability that you are a worse driver because of your attitude that " more miles makes you a safer driver "
Your logic is deluded but your ability to put words into peoples mouths is 1st class. Where exactly did I state that I move into the other lane to overtake when visibility is poor !

guest, Sep 26, 2:03am
Oh, I so entered that gieavway! And OMG I can't believe someone did that to your cat!! D: I'd shoot HIM with an effing pellet gun! That is terrible. We think someone poisoned one of our cats when I was a kid, but of course couldn't be sure. People are so cruel Still no sign of Alucard. I've checked and rechecked the animal shelter so we think someone has him. I just hope they take good care of him if we don't find him Anyway, I love this layout It actually reminds me of makeup lol. Everything could remind me of makeup though XDAnd I'll try to find some time to enter your texture contest!

guest, Sep 28, 10:04am
Hi,i read ur article in ET, 21st Aug,2011 issue. I had to say u were one of those few ploepe who are actually making sense on this whole ANNA phenomenon. I wanted to express more but time restricts me. But one thing is sure, u have just made a constant visitor to this website.Regards,Abhishek

guest, Sep 28, 3:46pm
You need to make sure that you have a firewire port on your copmtuer. Then you need a firewire cable. These are available at Best Buy and other electronic stores. Price ranges from the 20$-30 s. Then when you get it, you need to plug it in to your PC. A window should pop up asking if you want to import video from the camera. They will ask you if you want to import the whole tape or just parts of it. Then your video will play on a screen that says "start importing." Then when you want to stop importing your video, it will be saved to a folder and ready to edit. Hope this helps and good luck!