T5 Gearbox

appleberrygifts, Jul 14, 11:53pm
Hey again, does anyone know if a T5 Gearbox will fit a 308/253! I am aware that if it does I will need to replace bellhousing, clutch etc.Cheers

gmphil, Jul 15, 12:17am
253 no turbo pattern block 308 yes easyier still go buy urself mid 90 commodore manual ul have all u need

appleberrygifts, Jul 15, 12:23am
Yeah I have a 95 Vs with a T5 in it from factory. So will bellhousing, clutch etc bolt straight up to a 308 turbo pattern! Cheers

gmphil, Jul 15, 12:38am
Hav a 95 t5 frm factory ! Missing info im taking v6! Ecotec if so no bellousing diffent .u arfter carb look! As plenty v8 commys out there for sale

appleberrygifts, Jul 15, 12:45am
Yes I have a 95 VS with the V6 Ecotech -manual box. I want to put a 308/253 into the VS as it's a mint body and I want to be different. Not sure whether I should sell V6 engine with or without the box. Thinking I would keep the box if it would fit a 308/253.

appleberrygifts, Jul 15, 12:45am
Yes I have a 95 VS with the V6 Ecotech -manual box. I want to put a 308/253 into the VS as it's a mint body and I want to be different. Not sure whether I should sell V6 engine with or without the box. Thinking I would keep the box if it would fit a 308/253. Carby sounds heaps better than injected IMO.

gmphil, Jul 15, 12:55am
I have a 96 auto as daily runner , rekon they would look alright with hillborn thru the bonet . Two ways to go find 308 in 5speed to match or score 304 in box set up ditch injection

appleberrygifts, Jul 15, 1:01am
Cheers, how hard to get rid of injection! Do I just source a 308 inlet manifold! Yeah was thinking of a hillborn through the bonet or semi highrise with air cleaner/filter.

splinter67, Jul 15, 1:03am
Are you sure about this putting a heavier motor with less power in the cost of putting it in and getting it certified wouldnt you be better to get a original v8 comodore. You will have to get it all rewired

appleberrygifts, Jul 15, 1:08am
Hey yes, not after lots of power, like the VS style and carby V8 sound. Can do most work myself and will have to change wiring loom anyway if I put a 304 in it. Don't want to get rid of body as it has to many $ worth of custom sounds, that I won't get my $ back on. Cheers.

gmphil, Jul 15, 1:26am
Pissn down rain here was just lookn out window at my vs tryin to imagine it with a hillborn lol. rekon look ok ! Yea ul need find intake in carb for motor if ditchin inject thats if u use 304 think ul find most 308 be carbed already

appleberrygifts, Jul 15, 1:33am
Cheers for your input. Thinking ya might have a project for the next rainny weekend.