Good Brand Of Water Pump For A VZ Commodore?

paulap, Jun 24, 7:18pm
It is the standard executive 6 wagon.

Have someone to put it in for free but there are so many brands to chose from. I have only heard of GMP I think and made in Japan. I was told to avoid made in China but isn't most stuff made there.lol

Will check in after work for your ideas. TIA

savanna71, Jun 24, 7:20pm
Seams obvious, a Holden one. Or am i missing something

paulap, Jun 25, 5:06am
Which they charge $240 + gst for. No thanks lol

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 25, 5:14am
You have someone to put it in for free yet you still want to skimp!

I don't help tightwads.

scoobeey, Jun 25, 5:17am
So you want quality and cheapas you have stated in your posts LOL

paulap, Jun 25, 5:18am
There are other decent brands out there other than the one Ebbetts is trying to sell me that are cheaper.

paulap, Jun 25, 5:20am
grumpy much! you need to get laid perhaps.might give you a better attitude

kingfisher21, Jun 25, 5:38am
As long as yours is a 3.8 Ecotec not a 3.6 Alloytec.

panicky, Jun 25, 5:40am
VZ has the 3.6 V6, not the same pump as the earlier models

paulap, Jun 25, 5:41am
I have asked the guy selling the other ones if he can source a VZ one.

gman35, Jun 25, 5:47am
Hang on , take it easy on him, unless you KNOW what some others do actually cost and what their quality is like surely ! He may be a mechanic who knows what one is WORTH and just gets sick of the usual enquiry of"I want it going brilliant without spending any $$" 100 times a day like most NZ motorists .

paulap, Jun 25, 5:50am
So it OK for Mr Grumpy to have a go at others but not for others to call him on it!

I am not looking for cheap and nasty. I was after brands of water pumps. So I would have some ideas when I rang around places for prices.

savanna71, Jun 25, 5:51am
So why bother asking then! If all your concerned with is price buy a Cherry or Geely

paulap, Jun 25, 5:52am
Because it is a free world and I will ask what I please.

panicky, Jun 25, 5:55am
BTW GMB have a plant in Thailand now, in fact I am not sure if they still make ANY in Japan anymore.If it says "Made in Japan" on the box it is a Japanese one, if it says "Distributed by GMB Japan" it is a Thailand made one.

dvince, Jun 25, 6:27am
Didn't the OEM water pump have a plastic impeller!
Avoid.

dent, Jun 25, 8:26am
GMB are one of the most common pumps on the market. We fit heaps of them and have little troubles.