Subaru tb

bad_boy_1, Jun 21, 8:45am
what motors ment to be in a subaru gtm carjam says gtb but some one else said its not

bad_boy_1, Jun 21, 8:57am
thats what i thought just got one but the guy said the motor and trans men t it was gtb hmmm

amie10, Jun 21, 9:08am
EJ-20R!

neo_psy, Jun 21, 9:10am
Probably EJ20 - Subaru have used that for about 1000 years or so.

bad_boy_1, Jun 21, 9:13am
Make: SUBARU
Model: LEGACY
Year: 1997
Submodel: GTB
Main colour: White
Vehicle type: Passenger Car/Van
Body style: Station Wagon
No of seats: 5
CC rating: 1,990cc
Fuel type: Petrol
Assembly type: Imported Built-Up
Country of origin: Japan
Gross vehicle mass: 1,735kg

bad_boy_1, Jun 21, 9:18am
vin plate got ej20hdxcje
e-bg5
trans tz102ybcba

neo_psy, Jun 21, 9:22am
Yep - EJ20

What's the issue!

hijacka, Jun 21, 9:23am
And H. They are both the same long block internally, R comes as manual and H is Auto. R has yellowtop 440cc and big orange afm, H as purple afm and grey 380cc injectors.

bad_boy_1, Jun 21, 9:24am
lol even my non turbo same ej20 well is there any sure way to make sure it was gtb

hijacka, Jun 21, 9:26am
Yellow bilstein shock absorbers. hence the ''B''

hijacka, Jun 21, 9:33am
Theres no difference between engines anyway. gt. gtb same long block. ej20R is manual and ej20H is auto. They are the same engines internally. Same pistons, same cams. Same shit open deck block etc,

neo_psy, Jun 21, 9:34am
Holy monkey, three engines in a year.

bad_boy_1, Jun 21, 9:37am
yeah lol im guessing he hasnt bleed the air outa it first lol driven along and air pocket started to over heat it

neo_psy, Jun 21, 9:38am
You could break it for parts and make money on that, I reckon.

Are you planning on putting it back on the road!

hijacka, Jun 21, 9:40am
They are more judged by ''year'' Pre 96 ej20's have writting and lines on the rocker cover this means it has crappy lash adjusters. the later 95-96 engines use buckets but still lash adjusters. The 96 onwards has smooth rocker covers this means shim over bucket heads apart from the sti gets higher reving shim under bucket heads.

bad_boy_1, Jun 21, 9:41am
yip its going back on the road i just broke my subaru bonnet came up broke screen and towing a trailer blue clutch to bits lol just wist i didnt sell my good gt motor the other day :

hijacka, Jun 21, 9:44am
Nice. Its almost like you weren't ment to;) Love it when spare parts start to connect together like lego lol

bad_boy_1, Jun 21, 9:47am
yeah illput some crap in and try seal gasket car got picked up today and motors get picked up tommorro so im happy if i was to scrap id make my money back dont buy a car unless i can lol

hijacka, Jun 21, 10:02am
best stuff for that is that reslone stuff they sell at supercheap auto. It about $80 a bottle but worth paying that little bit extra imo.