Cordless grinder for wheel clamps

Page 1 / 3
nzfatie, Jun 18, 9:20pm
Am thinking of carrying a cordless grinder in my car in case it's clamped. Is anyone doing this! Where's the best place to buy one!

lk104, Jun 18, 9:24pm
Just dont park where you're not supposed to - Geez!

nzfatie, Jun 18, 9:28pm
There's been lots of discussion on here about people being unfairly clamped!

steve312, Jun 18, 9:37pm
How often does it happen that you need to carry a method of removing wheel clamps!Perhaps you would just be better looking at where you are parking.Just an idea.

bleetbleet, Jun 18, 9:37pm
you do realize you get charged with wilful damage and apparently those clamps are worth heaps

nzfatie, Jun 18, 9:44pm
Maybe a grey area, you could charge them with interfering with your car!
I know of a case where one of those cheap caliper clamps was used and the guy just changed the wheel.
He took the old wheel with clamp still attached home and invited them to come and collect it. Some people said well done, while others said he could be charged with theft!

dave653, Jun 18, 9:46pm
I my opinion, if something is attached to your vehicle, without your permission. it's yours! Remember when books were delivered when you didn't order them! You were allowed to keep them without payment.
Whatchoo reckon!

drsr, Jun 18, 9:48pm
AngleGrinder Man used a Husqvarna K650 petrol jobbie. I don't know if you would get enough grunt from an electric one. http://encyclopediasuperheroica.com/index.php!title=Angle_Grinder_Man http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=zGQMq3hNv-g

sr2, Jun 18, 9:56pm
I found my portable generator with a 9 inch angle grinder worked a treat! What impressed me the most was the small crowd of people who gathered to not only give me a hand but to assure me that ???no one saw anything???.I??

sr2, Jun 18, 9:58pm
Snap! (We obviously share the same tastes in super hero).

richardmayes, Jun 18, 9:59pm
I love amateur legal opinions, the sense of right and wrong is always amusing.

What about "if someone's vehicle is parked on my property, without permission or payment, it's mine!"

saxman99, Jun 18, 10:12pm
Damnstraight.

pge, Jun 18, 10:21pm
Fine.

Let the owner of the property do the deed--NOT some snivelling, kerb-creeping, clamping snot.

paul861, Jun 18, 10:28pm
whats wrong with the good ol gas spanner!

skin1235, Jun 18, 11:45pm
are you suggesting that as there is a rugby park across the road I should consider this attitude - and start a used car yard

or is the suggestion more the attitude of the pinhead in the office who rings a clamping company to get them to come around and clamp a car - cos it's in my yard without paying so therefore I will claim it until payment is made

richardmayes, Jun 18, 11:58pm
If you're parking on his property without getting permission or making payment, why SHOULDN'T he clamp you!

Is there unlimited free public parking on YOUR front lawn for anyone who wants it! I bet there isn't!

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 19, 12:23am
Quite simply because it doesn't relieve the problem they claim exists, being the presence of your vehicle. It makes it worse by them (theoretically) being unable to remove it.

It's fair enough if they have the vehicle removed. But they don't get to try and extort money from you by holding your car to ransom.

skin1235, Jun 19, 1:16am
I should take a photo next Saturday then, not one of them will haver asked before parking, and I sure have no signs up saying free parking for all

smac, Jun 19, 1:27am
Once, I would have thought.

tigra, Jun 19, 2:26am
Yep! Finders keepers!

elect70, Jun 19, 2:45am
Go for itiused to dorefrig service around welly& parked in all sorts of places .Chopped off 2 wheel clampsthey sent me bill for$450i ignored it, threatenedlegal action ,got letter fromdebt collectorsthrew them all in file 13. That was5 years agoso they have given up.

msigg, Jun 19, 2:57am
no not worth it because when you want to use it the battery will be flat.

superdave0_13, Jun 19, 3:27am
I had an employer who slashed tyres when he had unauthorised people parking in his carpark. The "payment" went to a tyre shop instead of a clamping company lol.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 19, 3:39am
Willful damage.

superdave0_13, Jun 19, 3:42am
And!