Cordless grinder for wheel clamps

Page 3 / 3
johnf_456, Jun 19, 9:15am
I know of a friend who does this and leaves a yellow piece of paper on her car windscreen. It actually does work at keeping the clampers at bay, but in saying that if you shouldn't park there dont!

superdave0_13, Jun 19, 9:28am
I know but I can't be bothered changing from letters to symbols to numbers on my iPad. It's too much of a hassle so you're going to have to put up with it sorry.

superdave0_13, Jun 19, 9:34am
That sounds like a load of old rope to me. There's usually only one clamper patrolling each car park so I'm not sure how you would fool them by doing that.

johnf_456, Jun 19, 9:50am
Beats me, but for me personally I just don't park where I shouldn't therefore I don't have an issue.

thewomble1, Jun 19, 4:18pm
Put the wheels in the boot so they can not clamp them

steve312, Jun 19, 8:20pm
LOL.

All this thought going into how you can get out of the crap when you park somewhere you shouldn't and get caught.

Seems to me there is a far easier solution to the problem.

Do you guys not realise how annoying it is to find either your access to your business or your parking spaces occupied by idiots that don't have the energy to walk an extra 20 metres!

Had a person park in the middle of the driveway to my business while he went to the business next door.Followed him over and asked him politely to move his vehicle out onto the road.Was told to get lost and he wouldn't be long.Suggested to him that I would move it onto the road for him if he wouldn't, as I had a stockcar in my workshop for repair work.He told me that I wouldn't dare.

Wrong answer!

It got moved very quickly when he heard the engine on the stockcar start up.

I love stories with a happy ending :o)

trogedon, Jun 19, 9:13pm
What would the clampers (the Clampets!) do with a motorbike taking up a car space! Mags = can be clamped, Spokes = maybe can't be clamped.

dave653, Jun 19, 9:40pm
Still comes back to illegal parking and what does/doesn't happen as a result. Fines are usually ignored or 'added to the bill'. Clamps get a financial result there and then. not that I'm condoning the actions of some of the idiots who sit and watch you get out, and fit a clamp as soon as possible.
Can't we all just get along!

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 19, 10:06pm
As does extortion. But that doesn't justify it.

I agree, unauthorised parking on private property is a problem. But a bigger problem is the standover tactics used on the unwitting to extort ridiculous amounts of money for doing what usually amounts to little more than a minor inconvenience or in many cases no convenience whatsoever.

superdave0_13, Jun 19, 10:30pm
Unwitting or plain old ignorant!

thegravelracer, Jun 19, 10:43pm
remove the strut and take it to them in your car .its hilarious

sr2, Jun 19, 11:42pm
I have to agree with you, my wife got clamped once for parking 2 min over the allowed time in a mall carpark that was only quarter full, she'd just spent $300 or so and the Mall management didn't want to know. A quick call home and the trusty generator / angle grinder came to the rescue, not a word from the clamping company.

dave653, Jun 20, 10:40pm
Lady I worked with recently complained about a warning she got. Huge public car park. hers was one of about 6 cars in it, asked to move on before getting a ticket.

granada, Jun 20, 10:55pm
If you clamped it then it would technically disable the vehicle , then they would be entitled to park in a disabled car park.

dave653, Jun 21, 2:31am
Still have to apply. and pay for, the orange permit.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 21, 7:24am
There's clearly overlap. Signage helps with the first.