10 Most Reliable and Least Reliable Family Cars

Page 2 / 2
fordcrzy, Jun 19, 8:46am
that still doesnt work socram.its about the percentage of cars in the fleet that fail. not how many as a number. thats the point i was making. it doesnt how many are in the group.its what percentage of that group(eg toyota,vw etc) that fails.in fact the jappas would be at a disadvantage because as a smaller sample group each failure would increase the percentage more than a larger sample group.

socram, Jun 19, 8:47am
Just checked that site for the Land Rover Freelander 2006 onwards - bearing in mind that it gets a load of stick on here for the engine.

Freelander 2006 onwards - Warranty claims for engine - 0%

RAV4 2006 onwards- Warranty claims for engine - 27.27%.

morrisman1, Jun 19, 8:55am
I can see problems come into it when the sample size is small, for example if there are only 5 of a certain type of vehicle on the companies register, one fault would have a large impact on the statistics.

What they also need to add in there is their sample size

kazbanz, Jun 19, 9:09am
Actually theres a HUGEtwist to this whole situation.
We (NZ) Import Astaggering amount of cars around 8 years old.
As a result everything is out of kilter with the rest of the world warranty claim wise.

the.wife, Jun 19, 9:15am
Engine, not so much. Transmissions and electrical problems more than anything.

Now, can you show us the overall reliability figures between the two!

socram, Jun 19, 9:31am
I was merely quoting that on this message board, the Freelander engine comes in for a lot of stick.
It is an interesting survey full of anomalies.Who would have rated Lexus at 13th of the 35 manufacturers overall, below Peugeot!
They quote a Rolls Royce Phantom warranty cost at 2,500GBP, but it isn't listed in the manufacturers!
It is supposed to be for family cars, yet lists the Jaguar XK, Mazda MX5 and MGF, but not Lotus.

budgel, Jun 19, 11:06pm
The Jappa -Euro debate is interesting, My Mum's Mitsubishi Carisma (Made in Europe) gets a better rating than both my BMW 5 & 7 series.

chris_051, Jun 20, 11:10am
Your average jappa is grand pas axe compared to a Euro, who would want such out dated crap (4 spd auto corolla, Lancer) compared to a DSG tdi 5l/100km Focus or Golf for a similar price and much better aftersales service, parts and knowledge in Europe. It may be a fact the Corolla is more reliable but so it should be it has technology comparable to a 1970s Mercedes, nothing resembling the 21st century and that goes for nearly all of the run of the mill jappas. Europeans are innovators japs are merely copiers where would we be today without the french and german auto makers.

n1smo_gtir, Jun 20, 12:00pm
watever you been smoking, its totally shagged your brain cells. This is the most stupid statement of automotive history.