Family wagon under $15k. Any suggestions?

Page 2 / 2
mike77, Jun 19, 9:48pm
Caldog, how old are ya kids! Do you go camping over the summer! What sports are they into, tow boats/camping trailers/mx bikes.
I've always a had Falcon Wagon's and mechanically had a good run out of all of them, less general wear and tear. And do all of the above.
If you do get a falc, definately get a BF or newer, aparts from have none of the faults of the earlier ones, better economy - especially on longer trips, and a smoother drive. (BF2 look nicer but same car). Our BA just got written off by a crazy driver, and we replaced it with a BF 180km for $8k.
Or spend more and get one with lower kms

caldog, Jun 20, 2:20am
Thanks. Yeah, Falcons do appeal but just concerned they're a little big for round town duties. A family member has kindly offered a good price off any of his stock so a 4.5 grade 3.0R Legacy with 30 on the clock has quickly jumped to the top of the shortlist and will be tough to beat. There's also an Accord wagon which would be slightly cheaper but has over double those kms. Great to have a few good options now.

curlcrown, Jun 20, 2:24am
Personaly I would forget about low km and get a late model NZ new car with service history. A 2008 new shape Mazda 6 wagon recently sold for $14000.

rovercitroen, Jun 20, 6:23am
Nissan Stagea M35.

zephyrheaven, Jun 20, 6:24am
BMW wagon - love ours, but find that storage space is around the same as a sedan - hmmm, kids dont need LWB lol

fordcrzy, Jun 20, 6:37am
as nice as the beemers are. they are waaaaaaaay overpriced for what they are. they are all coming up to wallet emptying level of kays. beware

zephyrheaven, Jun 20, 6:39am
I got mine off a wholesaler that traded it in, just poking around now quietly looks like I paid about 1/2 retail LOL not too shabby
Lovely driving car, travelled about 20,000Km in 12 months all worry free & safe as houses airbags / side intrustion et all - love it, next step would be a 7 series V8 wagon - if they made one. Maybe an X5 instead - ugh