SS commodore

jessie01, Jun 19, 7:42am
I am buying a 2004 Holden Commodore ss 5.7 litre does anyone know if these have a dual immobiliser in it or is it something that needs to be installed seperately. it makes all the difference to the insurance costs

1hotdragon, Jun 19, 7:55am
I have a 2004 Clubsport which I've had from new it came with three immobilisers in it so I'd say that a SS would atleast have two. I still had two more installed aswell as remote activated GPS as a back up.

icemans1, Jun 19, 8:14am
insurance company will know what commodores have as standard security

fordcrzy, Jun 19, 8:18am
the thieves have all sorts of ways around them.get a gps tracker installed WELL and hidden. at least that way if it goes walkies you know exactly where it is.

jessie01, Jun 19, 8:24am
thank you i am just about to google a manual on it to see if that tells me anything

neo_psy, Jun 19, 8:27am
Tell them it's factory installed system.

And fordcrzy is right - get a GPS tracker installed.

jessie01, Jun 19, 8:37am
wont they askfor proof the insurance company!

jessie01, Jun 19, 8:51am
i just spoke to a lady at ami and asked her if she knew what it has as standard security and she said no. grr will have to wait to ask the dealer tomorrow

bigfatmat1, Jun 19, 8:59am
it has a key that is codded to the car that the body control module reads and verifies then sends a 16bit code to ecu that will enable injection pulse crank and spark. Way better than any after market alarm. However like anything there is ways round this. btw key bcm and ecu are all coded together. The ecu receives the same signal on all cars but must be coded to bcm.

jessie01, Jun 19, 9:01am
will this be enough to satisfy the insurance company tho

jessie01, Jun 19, 9:02am
i cant find anything at all on the net about the security system in the car

treachug, Jun 19, 9:25am
Never heard about dual immobiliser in Commodores & have sold Holden parts for 32 years (oh hell thats bad enough itself.lol).
Commodores have decent factory 'immobiliser' system like bigfatmat wrote & you can get a factory alarm upgrade package which adds to & works in conjunction with the remote key.

bigfatmat1, Jun 19, 9:28am
insurance companies work in funny ways!

dave653, Jun 19, 9:53pm
Unless you live in Chch. Pay up!

jessie01, Jun 20, 12:24am
yep all sorted premiums arent to bad so thats good.
where so i get the gps system from please and what s the best