Diesel Surf fuel additives

r15, Aug 8, 10:34pm
some people will tell you its a must, i'll tell you that i have never put any additives in any of my diesels and ive never had a problem and nor has anyone else i know.but by all means make up your own mind :)

morrisman1, Aug 8, 11:16pm
The only one that Ive ever found to be any good is wynns EDT. Its cheap too unlike many of these magical treatments

morrisman1, Aug 8, 11:17pm
on the other hand, some mineral or semi synthetic low ash 2-stroke oil at a ratio of about 200:1 (fuel:oil) is pretty good, it increases lubrication and reduces engine noise

drew2009, Aug 9, 1:07am
Agreed that is a good cost effective additive with good benefits.

frytime, Aug 9, 6:32am
i use about 100ml of wynns edt every 2-3000km mainly for diesel bug. witch i gotabout 2 years ago

intrade, Sep 26, 4:59pm
winns edt suposedly stops seal shrinkage as above. the problem is the diesel in nz is like russian roulette if you get to much hydrogen in your diesel you end up with a seeazed injector pump, and longtherm problems it will root your injector nozzle prematurely. (google ulsd-diesel problems) for further info as to how and why. I personaly use chemtech as all my diesel are euro diesel and my hilux gets wmo over summer to swell the seals up good .