How do u change a full time 4wheel drive car.

Page 2 / 2
kazbanz, Aug 10, 1:32am
OP -Quite frankly you may think the advice you have been given is flippant but fact is it is the most sensible answer. Sell the car and start out with a two wheel drive.
Your comment on having seen several VR4"s converted to 2wd More likely I suspect they are dressed up 2wd cars.
ALL THAT SAID-everyone is assuming you intend to convert an awd to a FRONT wd. Is that the case or are you actually thinking to dump the front drive and go to a pure RWD!
If that's the case then boy ohh boy its gonna be an interesting project
For a start You would need a a gearbox.Front hubs changed and I suspect the diff swapped out

bubbles52, Aug 10, 5:57am
100% right, ive seen many boyracers convert gsr lancers to rwd, gtxs to rwd, they lasted a day before the diff blew.

mugenb20b, Aug 10, 6:54am
Which is why I asked, FWD or RWD. OP didn't say which.

parsonsfamily1, Aug 10, 7:03am
My libero gt had same set up. not built for it. dangerous. blows diffs. never ending grief

un_known, Aug 10, 8:32am
anyone go to the scrap palace burnout comp in morrinsville last year oct. i thinks.anyway rwd turbo vr4 legnum there.did a couple of ok donuts and then crunch crunch grind had to be pushed off the pad.sounded NASTY.

fazda25, Sep 29, 5:18pm
stuff making it RWD, power from motor into gearbox, then through crappy little transfercase, then down a long and skinny driveshart into a tiny weak diff then to rear axles/hubs with probly 19" chromes hanging off them. sounds like a great system