I am looking to update my car to a hatchback

Page 1 / 4
yddac, Jul 23, 6:28pm
and so far quite like the Nissan Tiida as I need the higher seating and it seems a more solid car. It has a foot/handbreak. Is this a matter of getting use too or is an actual hand break better!

fordkiwi27, Jul 23, 6:40pm
just before someone else does.handbrake

yddac, Jul 23, 6:49pm
Opps. yes saw that when I hit post and was hoping nobody else would. :)

chebry, Jul 23, 7:25pm
I drove a Nissan Tiida from Taupo to Napier hugely unimpressed and the backache lasted for days horrible car.

yddac, Jul 23, 7:29pm
chebry That's not good I need it to be comfy.Any other Hatchback you would recommend!

splinter67, Jul 23, 7:39pm
Foot handbrake not that bad takes a little while to get used to and dose the same job no good for doing handbrake slides but you are looking at a tiida so that wont be a major concern

How much do you want to spend on your new car

fordcrzy, Jul 23, 7:44pm
tiidas are not good solid cars.

carstauranga001, Jul 23, 7:47pm
Don't worry about the brake you will adjust to it. These are a great car, we've sold a lot of them and havn't had a single complaint about comfort so not sure what that post is about. Currently have three in stock and six more coming so I definately rate them highly.

splinter67, Jul 23, 7:54pm
Of course you would rate them highly you are trying to sell them if you didnt rate them it would be bad for your business

chebry, Jul 23, 8:12pm
I have a Citroen Xsara hatch comfortable as, performs well very economical corners on rails not for everybody but I love it. I have 2 prolapsed discs comfort is imperitive

yddac, Jul 23, 11:01pm
carstauranga001 I came with my daughter to your yard about 3 weekends ago and my daughter had a chat to someone while I stayed in the car as wasn't well. Haven't been back as ended up in Hospital and have only just got out but whoever she spoke with they were very helpful so will be back. I'll watch your website.

yddac, Jul 23, 11:08pm
chebry Do these have the adjustable seating! I need something that I don't have to bend down into.

yddac, Jul 23, 11:22pm
splinter67 I was hoping about $10,000 plus trade in.

chebry, Jul 24, 12:09am
You might want something like a Xsara Piccasso which are taller more minivan like.

yddac, Jul 24, 12:35am
Does a car need a current warrant when trading it in to a dealer!

splinter67, Jul 24, 12:41am
No and it wont cost them as much as it will if you have to repair something

yddac, Jul 24, 12:53am
thejazzpianoma thank you for that my brother n law got one last year and is happy with his. I've always had Nissans and have had no trouble so that's why I thought I'd stick to Nissan

thejazzpianoma, Jul 24, 1:08am
I would suggest you drive your brother in law's one. I agree Nissan's are generally reliable, but so are the new Golf's. The difference being the Golf is a LOT more car for the money.
Best of luck with whatever you choose.
(Oh and remember the Golf Plus is mechanically the same but with the higher seats, your brother in law may have a regular Golf possibly!)

edangus, Jul 24, 1:11am
All I can say is Underpowered with CVT. Rust in Firewalls. Other than that its a very good car.

3tomany, Jul 24, 1:15am
dont buy anything untill you have driven a fiesta then make up youre own mind

carstauranga001, Jul 24, 1:31am
I can understand your viewpoint. However, I am not a franchise holder and am totally independant. I purchase and own my own stock and if something goes wrong I back it. So why would I purchase and stock any product if I didn't believe to be good for both my clients and the image of my business! I stand by my first post, these are excellent cars.

carstauranga001, Jul 24, 1:35am
Thanks for your comments (and sorry to hear about your health). I havn't long purchased these so they are arriving in 3-5 weeks. They will go on my website when closer to NZ. If you're passing I can show you the pic's and details etc if you like.

carstauranga001, Jul 24, 1:38am
Jazz, a decent Golf won't be in yddac's price range.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 24, 1:42am
yddac, I didn't realise you were local.
That Golf Plus in the link is a Tauranga car too and a really good price so worth checking out IMO. (It's not in any way associated with me BTW, I am not a dealer and don't have one for sale).

If you were to get one I am happy to point you in the direction of a garage that does a really nice job of servicing these. I also service them myself (although only for my family) so can always help with local advice etc. Although really, despite having 4 of them we are yet to have a fault with any of them.

Anyhow, enough harping on about the VW. I will leave you to it!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 24, 1:44am
Yes it is!

They said they had 10K plus trade.
That Golf Plus in the link is a bargain at $12'750. Not sure what their car isor is worth but that has to be very close.

I agree though that is a pretty special price for one of those. That's partly why I am excited about it, good price, good km's and local. For the money nothing is even going to come close to being as good IMO.

BTW, yddac,
I will even come and check it out with you if you want. No charge of course, just for the fun of it and to help you out, I know my way around them pretty well and have a good idea what to look for. I would suggest you defer to a mechanic with a hoist for a final check if it looks to be a good one though.