I am looking to update my car to a hatchback

Page 4 / 4
thejazzpianoma, Jul 26, 1:43am
Yes I remember that thread, the lady was not at all pissed off at me or her transmission, especially as it was not a transmission fault at all. The problem was an incompetent garage who misdiagnosed the car and then quoted an absurd figure to replace the entire transmission.

You of course likely know this (as a car dealer who frequents these boards a lot), like other misinformation it comes up every time in these threads as those with vested interests try to find anything they can to discredit the VW in any way possible.

The record has been set straight on that thread many times now.

carstauranga001, Jul 26, 1:45am
You have little understanding of the difficulties and costs of running a business today. Of course we are here to make a profit, but this is not the business it once was and most dealers are hard working owner operators putting in long hours for a much smaller return than in the past. Many are closing and taking up employment again. And I know some of these who are enjoying working for someone else and the benefits this brings. i.e. 4 weeks holidays, sick leave, days off in lieu of working public hols and no financial risk either. It is always easy to gain an incorrect opinion looking in from the outside.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 26, 1:47am
Still no one has any other figures on the actual failure rate of these transmissions they wish to add to mine. Mine BTW are from a very reputable source who has more access to fault information than probably anyone else.

Instead we just see more attempts at casting doubt and playing the emotional card.

splinter67, Jul 26, 1:53am
Try being a courier working your arse off to pay off a van not sitting in an office surfing the internet

trdbzr, Jul 26, 2:25am
I genuinely feel very sorry for you. Yes there are people on here whose sole mission is to play down VW in a small forum in a small country. All funded for by Toyota.

Someone please give the Alex Jones fanboy a new tinfoil hat.

skyblue17, Jul 26, 3:08am
The car salesmen on TMMB are alive and well and defending their profits any way they can. Usually by promoting lies and trying to browbeat any opposition. Well done guys. You dont fool everyone.

carstauranga001, Jul 26, 7:55am
Actually I take my hat off to you. The couriers I deal with are all hard working people and almost always come in with a smile on their face and we have some laughs together. Yes, hot cold and pouring rain and yes I know the returns on those businesses are far lower than they used to be. What isn't! If you find something better give it a go and I wish you all the best. I enjoy seeing people succeed which unfortunately in a tight economy is more difficult than it was.

splinter67, Jul 26, 8:10am
Gave it up working 75 + hours per week for a return of sometimes less than $10 per hour not worth not having a life time to move to Auckland and work for wages

yddac, Aug 5, 7:46am
Updating:- Havenow purchased my car after a lot of research and trying several makes.I'm fussy lol. I now have a super 2007 22,000ks Nissan Tiida. It has everything I wanted and more. Lots of leg and head room. My 6ft 2ins brother was totally comfortable with room to spare in the drivers seat and as a passenger in the back which was a surprise because (splinter67 post #52 saidif you are taller than 5.9foot it wont be comfortable to drive) It holds the road well, lots of grunt and corners great. For someone like myself that has a lower spine condition, total hip replacement and arthritic joints it is so comfy to drive,ride in, and get in and out of. Thanks for all the positive posts of advice I got it was most helpful.and I appreciated it. I love my new toy LOL.

3tomany, Aug 5, 8:09am
congradulations on youre purchase may you have many trouble free ks out of it and thanks for letting us know most dont good luck

shelleigh, Aug 5, 9:39pm
Great you love your new car yddac!
A Fiesta would have been a little low for you when you have a lower spine condition.

yddac, Aug 5, 10:31pm
shelleigh & 3tomanyI did look at the Ford Fiesta as you suggested and it was my second preferred car but your right because of the seating I didn't feel completely comfortable but I did feel safe in it and it was nice to drive.

splinter67, Aug 5, 10:43pm
Thats good that you like your new car did your brother take it for a drive or just a sit in it when I sat in one it would not be comfy for me to drive. I hope you have lots of trouble free motoring in it

kazbanz, Aug 6, 2:00am
Hmm lemme see-Courier-starts work at 7.00am works till 6.00pm 5 days a week. Overheads being the running costs of one vehicle.Investment in the company $10-20k
Car dealer -starts work at 7.30am finishes at 8.00pm 6 days a week and 10am till 4.00pm on the other day.
Overheads being 5-10k a month rent. Staff wages. Reconditioning costs.Power/phone/advertising.-
Running costs of 30-100vehicles. Investment in the company between 300k and 1 million dollars.
Not saying couriers don't work hard but don't assume all a dealer does is sits in their office and wwaits for the "suckers" to walk in.

splinter67, Aug 6, 2:22am
Now try 4am start 5.30pm finish monday to friday saturday sleep in start at 6 finished by 10 if youre lucky 10 -20 k haha if you dont buy brand new you get killed with repairs dont forget the three sets of tyres per year insurances for africa and fuel prices that just keep going up and rates that haven't gone up in the last six years. Id still rather be a car dealer than a courier

kazbanz, Aug 6, 3:25am
Dude I've been both-dealer and courier. I was with sprint based in central auckland. I was a truck load fitter but had about 1/10th of the stress I have now. Unless you have actually done both jobs you have no way to compare.Now JUST being a car salesman -thats easyish.

yddac, Aug 6, 6:44am
splinter67 He took all the cars I was looking at for a drive and so did my daughter. His is on the slim side so maybe that made a difference.

splinter67, Aug 6, 6:53am
Could be Im not huge but not slim

splinter67, Aug 6, 7:07am
Whats a load fitter (do you mean loader I think youve been in Japan too long ) but if you had 1/10th of the stress you probably got 1/10th of the payand come on working for sprint dont compare to other company's If I had been able to start at 7 Id be still doing it nah I wouldn't its time to work for someone else let them worry about the bills

russiansteel, Aug 11, 4:13am
suzuki swift ftw - had for 6 years, i shouldnt have sold it.
the only downside is its a tad small in luggage compartment, even with seats folded. but if you dont move big stuff all the time, i cant fault anything with it.

db.price, Aug 11, 5:05am
I dont think people are being underhanded about VWs - I like them and for a while some years ago considered getting a Passat.Hell the first car I drove was a VW Variant.

I think what most people see when they see your posts is someone TOTALLY fixated on VWs and not even considering anything else.

I know from one of my threads when we were looking for a new car for $20K you jumped on saying VW, VW, VW.You said I should look at a second hand Gold then also a new one - even though the cost of one was $4-5K more than our budget!

So what people are saying is you lean that direction every time.

Back to the OP - personally I wouldn't buy a Tiida as they are not that great a car and their reviews are a little ho-hum.

db.price, Aug 11, 5:09am
And here is the other one eyed person in Motoring - Jazz for VW and Fordcrzy for your guessed it - Ford!

Neither of them would suggest anything but VW or Ford !