Good map site for directions?

ziggy16, Jul 30, 7:23pm
Can anyone help me with a good site to get directions for Wanganui to Masterton, I used google maps last week to find a rural address in Plamy and it took me down a no exit roadt then told me to turn left etc.you could see there had never been a left turn so I was a bit concerned as I've never been to Masterton so won't know if I'm on the wrong road

ziggy16, Jul 30, 7:24pm
or if you could even paste a link for me would be really good Thanks

splinter67, Jul 30, 7:59pm
Buy a gps

smac, Jul 30, 8:13pm
I've never come across one better or more up to date than google maps. Perhaps an issue with the addresses you put in!

If it's a case of a new road or something, then no other site is going to have a more up to date map (that I've heard of.).

dracs, Jul 30, 8:57pm
There is always Wises, but i would have thought Google maps would have been better.

bill-robinson, Jul 30, 9:08pm
Wises does not require batteries/charging and can stay in the car untill needed with no upkeep

thunderbolt, Jul 30, 9:47pm
It is also out of date the second it is printed, gives no time to destination information, locations of points of interest etc

But it is easier to fit in the glovebox than the cave drawings it replaced.

countrypete, Jul 30, 10:15pm
Google maps is fine for this.

shelleigh, Jul 30, 11:43pm
I found www.maps.google.co.nz awesome as it not only gave the directions but the distance between each direction.
Made driving from Auckland airport to Whangarei very easy earlier this month - I'd never driven in Auckland before.

grangies, Jul 31, 1:12am
Wises maps online, uses Google.

http://www.wises.co.nz/d/11/wanganui/Masterton/

mikenel, Jul 31, 1:35am
Doing the trip you talk about you need to be aware that the Manawatu Gorge is closed so you either need to take the saddle rd to Woodville or the Pahiatua Track from Palmerston north to get to the Wairarapa. Unlikely the GPS will allow for that! Certainly Wises won't.

smac, Jul 31, 1:53am
Since you're heading south, go over the Pahiatuha track. Better road than the saddle by far, and faster since you're not going back to Woodville.

ziggy16, Jul 31, 2:33am
yeah was going over the Pahiatuha track, have a GPS but my lighter in the car has just stopped working and for some reason the GPS won't hold it's charge

juggie21, Jul 31, 2:40am

jokerboss, Jul 31, 3:52am
Track is the most direct route anyway, follow signs to Palmy, head thru it to Masssey, then towards Napier a bit, then turn to Pahaiatua, then Masterton, not hard