Whose at fault

scoobeey, Jul 28, 12:05pm
i drve out of locked yard with light truck and trailer. gate opens and narrow gates it closes in 9.2 seconds( ive timed it a few times),Its dark ,it catches trialer pushes me sideways into side. punchures tyre and damages trailer. bends gate,two hundy to fix .

buyme3, Jul 28, 12:08pm
Your cousins wife. Clearly

morrisman1, Jul 28, 12:08pm
I say the gate owner, unless you were dicking around. Is 9.2 seconds sufficient time! Well without trying it myself I couldn't answer. The gate should have a safety backup though so that it cannot close on a vehicle so a design flaw in the gate ultimately caused the collision.

scoobeey, Jul 28, 12:29pm
he trkon you gota b quik lol. and says i ran into it ! well how can i when my truk was out LOL

kazbanz, Jul 28, 6:03pm
I say its everybody wo cant accept responsibilitgy for their own actions

strobo, Jul 28, 6:23pm
Bugga!lolyou could try & dispute it if its a goods delivery/dispatchaccess, them not providingforreasonable " clearway" accessordeparture .but a few hundy ! looks like ya already coughedup lightly & learnsomething from it .

whqqsh, Jul 28, 6:48pm
depends on if you were told about the gate 'issues' or knew of them previously, otherwise Id say it was the owner of the yard. Must admit I dont think Ive seen one without a safety beam of some sort

gunhand, Jul 28, 9:23pm
9 secs is a while if your on the move but from stop to through not that long if you were taking off slow as you should be. My experince with these sort of self closers has taught me it dosnt matter how long the intervile is people still manage to hit them one way or another. We had self openers and closers at the ambulance bay, people still manged to hit the doors, they put in self closeing doors on a timer, people still hit them or backed into them as well. And they were 30 secs plus.
You should try the ones in the chillers at Fonterra, they go up in down in about 10 secs, ya gotta be quick, but they stop if they come down on something. Its after you rip them off the railings trying to back up when you meet a train halfway through that they tell you, you shoulda just sat there and let it come down on ya, then it goes up again lol.

xpfairmont, Jul 29, 1:37am
John key

stevo2, Jul 29, 1:59am
The gate should have a sensor to stop it closing if there is something in the way in the same way that a garage door closer does.
What would happen if you got halfway through and had to stop for a kid riding in front of you on its bike!

noswalg, Jul 29, 2:17am
Thats why they call them rapid rise doors, it minimizes the risk of pests getting in. The ones we've installed at my site break away from the railings and go back in through slots at the top.

bashfulbro, Jul 29, 11:05am
Definitely John Key`sfault, he gets the blame for everything, even David Shearer`s depression