Kia Sportage 4x4

Page 2 / 3
friendly_prawn, Jul 25, 3:31am
whats a wagon! Station wagon!

stockdill, Jul 25, 4:26am
1999 modoel done 275000kms , no mechancial problems to date , would I buy another one ! yes most definitly.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 4:49am
OOOOoooooooo! Fishy fishy. fishyyyyyyyy fissshhhhyyyy OOOOoooooooo!

(I wonder how many will get that reference)

stevo2, Jul 25, 4:52am
you watch to many movies Jazz

friendly_prawn, Jul 25, 5:14am
lol lol lol
Nope, no VW's. Nope, no Fiat's, Nope, no etc etc.

phillip.weston, Jul 25, 5:20am
Kia had nothing to do with Hyundai (at least mechanically) until the 2000's, up until then they were mostly based on Mazda/Ford Japan models - ie the Mentor was a Familia wearing different clothes, the Mazda 121/Ford Festiva is actually a Kia Pride with the Mazda drivetrain.

shelleigh, Jul 25, 7:52am
Jazz I immediately though shaggin' wagon too lol

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 8:29am
LMAO, its actually a Monty Python reference. but we all know how your mind works now don't we!

shelleigh, Jul 25, 8:49am
It's the likes of Fishy and some others in RE - they have corrupted me!

friendly_prawn, Jul 25, 9:42am
haha shelleigh when I saw that post I thought uh oh, dont think thats what he had in mind. lol
Then thought I would be very polite and say nothing.
:-)

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 9:52am
Are you sure it isn't the other way around now!
Just when a bunch of innocent male mechanics and tradies think they have found a safe corner of the internet. BAM. along comes Shelleigh to drag their clean living souls into the gutter. tsk tsk tsk.

stock, Jul 25, 10:45am
If you are talking new and just for around town or open road, then go for the 2L 2wd.
But the new Mazda CX5 is an attractive alternative pitched at the same market.

friendly_prawn, Jul 25, 7:34pm
You may have just made a typo with your 'fishy fingers" See now you can blame seaqueen.

shelleigh, Jul 25, 9:26pm
Fishy it's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read your post about you being very polite -the computer screen may have ended up wearing it;)

Jazz, I never watched Monty Python but I used to enjoy watching other British programmes like George and MIldred and The Good LIfe - comedies today pale in comparision to them!

Actually Fishy when you are wanting something that is easy to get bubs in and out of, you don't want anything too high. The Mazda CX5 that Stock mentioned would be a good height - and the Tiguan.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 9:30pm
I don't think she's enjoying the thread that much FP.

(See Shelleigh. see what you have reduced me too)

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 9:33pm
The Good life is great, many episodes were on youtube last time I checked. I suggest you watch some Monty Python, but be warned. the humour is. somewhat different. (Can't believe you have never watched any actually. you don't know what you are missing!)

BTW, that quote is from "the meaning of life" if you get out a DVD of it make sure it has the commentary and watch this after the film. How it was made is almost more entertaining than the movie itself.

friendly_prawn, Jul 25, 9:36pm
Did a quick trademe search.
Both are way over the top price wise for me.Call me a miser but I refuse to pay a fortune for a car that will just depreciate. Been there, done that before, doubt I'll do it again.
I stick to lowish K cheapies. example,, (dont read this part Jazz)
I bought a 98 VW Polo. Picked it up for the mrs for $4000.
Had it for years and when we eventually sold it got our money back on it.
Not too many people can do that. :-)
So what ever we buy will probably be under the 10k mark.
Im thinking a Nissan X-Trail.
I really like the looks of them.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 9:40pm
Too late! I read it!

Oh the humanity, why on earth would you buy an X-Trail!

If you must be bland you could have a new shape Multipla for under 10K, or almost a Touran (I have actually seen them go for under 10K but not very often) both of which are actually designed for your primary purpose.

shelleigh, Jul 25, 9:48pm
Jazz the comment Fishy is refering too was one I made in RE about him selling his house. He mentioned an offer and for us to cross our fingers,
I posted "Fishy fingers crossed." and one of the lovely ladies mentioned there should be a comma between the first two words. And she was right!
There are some very sharp witted people over there.

friendly_prawn, Jul 25, 10:26pm
yeah but they are european made. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

friendly_prawn, Jul 25, 10:28pm
Being serious for a mo.
After owning the VW I wouldnt be in a hurry to buy another euro vehicle. I have an inherent dislike for them.
Im a huge fan of japanese and Aussie vehicles unfortuantely Jazz.
Buying the VW was dipping my toe in the water so to speak.Trying to have an open mind.
But it just helped convince me not to ever go there again.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 10:32pm
Must be time for something Italian then!

splinter67, Jul 25, 10:37pm
mmm pizza

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 10:47pm
Seafood topping!

splinter67, Jul 25, 10:53pm
Bugger ya now Im hungry lol oops better get back on topic the policeman will be telling us to recipes oh that's right he hasn't been seen for a couple of days