Any advice appreciated.

Page 2 / 2
bellky, Jul 21, 2:51am
I've said my piece. Carry on without me as much as you want.

I'm seriously thinking about reporting the first part of that^ post too.

trader_84, Jul 21, 2:54am
I've been through stuff similar to this before . except I paid $9.90 to Carjam before I got my hopes up high. It had $ owing on it and I explained to the finance company what was happening. They were super interested strangly enough and told me to ring back up the next day. I did and they had sorted it out. They did something along the lines of making the guy switch to something else he owned as collateral for the loan. I thought f**ing scroat . wasn't going to tell me about the loan. I still got the vehicle though because I wanted it. On another occaision the same thing happened . but although Carjam showed something being leaned against the vehicle - the finance company reckoned it had been repaid and there was no debt. Strange. In this day and age though . trust but always verify.

curlcrown, Jul 21, 3:14am
Sit down and talk to the finance company and make them an offer to buy it from them. If you bought it for $1800 its probably not worth $3500 and there is no way they are going to get that for it. They then have the cost of recovering it storring it and the hassle of selling it to get anything back. Offer them something like $500 for it and go from there.

alfred011, Jul 23, 10:37am
Hide the car somewhere they cant take if they cant find it.

cowlover, Jul 23, 10:47am
Which is what has happened in this case has it not!Apart from that since when has a bailiff become involved in vehicle repos!Has anyone actually checked the PPSR (or whatever its called) to see if there is a security registered!

cowlover, Jul 23, 10:50am
Would they not be guilty of destruction of something that belongs to another! or some such!

cowlover, Jul 23, 11:29am
I don't know but I would presume that it would be possible to lay such a charge. If it were a recourse loan I'm guessing the inance coys couldn't care less so don't bother.Dealer probably can't be bothered either because if they are lucky they don't get such a problem on a regular basis.Also I suspect a slight difference between the borrower hiding and a subsequent purchaser destroying.

cowlover, Jul 23, 11:32am
You may be correct however why then is it called a "hire purchase"!Without looking it up I thought that good title did not pass until the contract had been totally fulfilled.

splinter67, Jul 23, 8:12pm
Charges could be laid but generally aren't as for the bailiff ringing you they don't get involved unless the finance company has taken the original borrower to court and they don't do that until they have repoed the car
we are not being told the whole story

flack88, Jul 23, 8:40pm
Hide it well,untill you talk to finance company ,they wont want the car,just their monkey paid,cops bailif dont get involved because it a civil matter,unless you bat the repo guys !and even then you can get off,but be aware they may want to take goods to the value of.

sifty, Jul 23, 8:47pm
yep, gotta pay theose monkeys.
They get nasty if they run out of banana money.

splinter67, Jul 23, 9:49pm
Not quit right there first bit correct they will want the car because they will sell it usually at turners too recoup at least some of the moneythird bit correct waving a bat at a repo guy not realy wise they fight back or they ring the boys in blueand your right about the last bit except in this case where the original debt is not the person who has the car Thinking that you can hide the car forever is not going to work they will find it repos dont go away I know I did it for a job not any more