Anyone got any good yarns?

msj23, Aug 9, 11:52am
On silly excuses given to cops for bad driving!

My mate had his feet out the window once while driving and told a cop who pulled him over that the pedals were on fire.

I love the old classic "I needed to catch up to the cars in front" for speeding

stevo2, Aug 9, 6:03pm
Im nearly out of petrol and Im going fast so I get there before I run out.

gmphil, Aug 10, 10:16am
When i was fourteen crusin main street on me feet lol stop local burger bar uncle takaways there were these too fella my older sister new one of them had hq ute 400 chev just as i ordered two cop cars pulled up one either side jump out to orderguy just calmly cruised to his ute we talkin angle parkin here and just lit it up lol mean burn out stop gets out crusies back to counter cops like wots that all bout his reply fullmoonif i wasnt so young and afraid i would have pissed myself laughing

macpower, Aug 10, 10:46am
Stoppedin Ngaruawahia at night 40yrs ago at a takeaway .there was a few people lined up waiting for orders and hells angel pulled up outside on motorbike ape hangers and stuff putting a chain and padlock around back wheel and frame barged into shop pushing and shoving to get his order.Having his order mounted bike started revving hard out to take off-dropped clutch and took out every spoke in rear wheel.Didnt even look fazed kicked the bike over and carried on walking away not daring to catch any ones eye

berg, Aug 10, 9:28pm
You stopped in Ngaruawahia! What were you thinking lol

trogedon, Aug 11, 1:09am
Its a tough choice between there and Huntly.

bowla3, Aug 11, 2:04am
This man was driving his car, when a copwith lights flashing came up behindhim.
He has an aversion of cops, so, he does a runner.
His car is a sports model and he knows he can outrun any shitty old Ford the lawmen have, so he gives it a burst and leaves the patrol car trailing in the distance.
But, when he eventually gets home, a cop is waiting at the gate for him.
Police man, ???Good evening sir, you know you should have stopped for us, we had your rego and as soon as you took off we knew your address, do you have an explanation!
Well officer, about a month ago my wife left me and took off with a policeman and when I saw the patrol car following me I thought, ???shit it??

beno, Aug 11, 11:58am
cop pulled me up when i was a teeneger, had my mates in the car. so I wind down my window as the cop approaches. He looks inside and I say " These arent the droids you're looking for"
A friend of mine used to slip the clutch and rev the crap out of his Austin maxi when he passed a stationary patrol car. One night while doing the boy racer circuit in town he managed to get 3 cars following him. They pull him up and he winds his wwindow down about an inch and starts having a conversation with the cop. An arguement ensues because he wont wind down the window any further, were all in the car too absolutly pissing ourselves with laughter which doesnt help. finally, after threatening to smash the glass, he succumbs to the demands of the police. The cop pokes his head in the car and my mate quickly says " get your stinking dog breath out of my car". cop sees red! drags him out and does him for drink driving. ah! we were young then.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 11, 12:18pm
Believe it or not this is true.

When I was a teenager I had a LHD U.S import MGB (convertible). One night I got pulled over with my girlfriend in the back and her legally blind friend in the front passenger seat.

Anyhow, the cop was too busy being staunch to notice the lack of steering wheel and starts interviewing the passenger.

"Can we see your license please"
"No, but here's my blind association card for some I.D"

Cop didn't really know what to say to that.

thedoth, Aug 12, 12:06am
Pulled over in a mates left hand drive mustang.A hotevening so had windows down. Cop approached car and held the breath tester in front of me and said blow. So I did. Asked for my licence so I gave it to him. He then says have a great night and let us go. He never noticed I didn't have a steering wheel in font of me. Dumb.

bowla3, Aug 12, 12:17am
Country girl trying to turn her Morris 1100 around on metal road, forgets it;s a front wheel drive and gets well and truly stuck. No cell phones in those days and she is in a predicament, O.M.G.
A while later, along comes the knight (A bloke in his 20s) in a shining ex Army Land Rover.
Young fella stops has a look, "I'l have the car out of there in a couple of minutes"
She's very happy about this and thanks him graciously.
The Land Rover is equipped with a winch which he has never used, so he reckons this is the chance to try it. He couldn't find anywhere on the car to hook his rope on, so he dons his overalls, crawls underneath and finds a bit of chassis !, connects to it and clambers back to his feet, takes his dirty overalls off and as he is putting the winch in gear , she starts, "Oh thank you so much, I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't come along, blah blah"
He replies with a big smile, "Well, it's not every day I get to help a pregnant women get her car back on the road"
She says, "But I'm not pregnant"
He says, "And your car isn't on the road either"